Refinished my junkyard TCP seat cowl tonight Pics!

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got lucky and snagged a TCP seat cowl for 10 bucks from our local bike junkyard last week and finally got around to refinishing it.. Im getting pretty damn good with a spray can :)

Before
rearcowl1.jpg

After
cowl1.jpg

Before
rearcowl2.jpg

After
cowl4.jpg

I put a metal flake silver FZ6 logo on it using a stencil made on my printer.. It came out SWEET
cowl2.jpg

cowl3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, as was mentioned earlier, anything is better than the Blue :thumbup::spank:

How are you going to attach it? It looks like the hooks that attach to the grab rails were snapped off, were you able to get the mounting bracket also?

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, as was mentioned earlier, anything is better than the Blue :thumbup::spank:

How are you going to attach it? It looks like the hooks that attach to the grab rails were snapped off, were you able to get the mounting bracket also?

Thanks! I'm very happy with how well it turned out.. I do have the mounting bracket but it will need to be modified or just make a new one that is longer so it will reach higher as the original mount points on the cowl are gone.. For now I have it mounted with velcro in 4 different points.. I dont really park my bike anywhere public so I'm not worried about theft but I'm still gonna make or modify a bracket to secure it better.. Ill take some pictures tonight when the lighting is right :)

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
The pads are removable, although they look more like pads they are in reality hard plastic. I removed mine completely as I didn't care for the look and felt no support from them.

Thanks, I always thought they were separate pads...that along with the fin is swaying my taste towards the Powerbronze I think...also I wouldn't feel as bad messing around with a $100 cowl as I would with a TCP.

That was a great find in the junkyard, wish we had one of those near me!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I'm very happy with how well it turned out.. I do have the mounting bracket but it will need to be modified or just make a new one that is longer so it will reach higher as the original mount points on the cowl are gone.. For now I have it mounted with velcro in 4 different points.. I dont really park my bike anywhere public so I'm not worried about theft but I'm still gonna make or modify a bracket to secure it better.. Ill take some pictures tonight when the lighting is right :)

First - awesome find and work. Second, nobody's going to steal that thing - who, besides an FZ6 owner would want it? I had one for a while and ended up selling it, mainly because I used a tail bag a lot. Velcro, if it holds, would have been a perfect solution! You could even store your gloves under there...

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics of the cowl on the bike..

bikecowl1.jpg

bikecowl2.jpg

bikecowl3.jpg

bikecowl4.jpg

I think it came out good! Now to install my black tank, belly pan, and gsxr headlight.. I have them all sitting around, just gotta get around to doing it!

sam5c

Reaction score
Visit site
Dope! :cool: Like it a lot, made me look into junkyards right now, gonna go visit one tomorrow hopefully I get lucky as you.