Brake light Problem

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Need some help.....During me preinspection, I noticed that my brake light does not activate from my front brake lever. The light works fine with my brake pedal. Any ideas? I am wondering if this is covered on my warranty? I don't even know where to begin. But if it's a complicated or time consuming task, I'll leave it for the dealership. Hopefully, it's a minor thing.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Do you hear the click when you just pull the front brake lever slightly? I can hear it anywhere except in traffic, and can often feel it in the lever itself sometimes.
Another simple question, I think theres a plug under the bar just like the one for the clutch that the dealers are notorious for not plugging in, did yours come out?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is the front brake switch adjustable like the pedal? I know the switch on the rear brake can be moved closer and further from the brake pedal and if the front is the same then it may be very simple to fix.

Either way it should be covered unless you replaced your handle bars or levers or anything that the stealership could blame on you.

H

HavBlue

Check the pintle on the switch and be sure it hasn't broken. If it has the switch will no longer activate the lamp.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I called the dealership and they are pretty certain that my brake switch has failed. They are not sure if it's a warranty issue or not. Switch runs around $20. I will double check my connections in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions.

H

HavBlue

I called the dealership and they are pretty certain that my brake switch has failed. They are not sure if it's a warranty issue or not. Switch runs around $20. I will double check my connections in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions.

That's pretty easy to check if you have a 12vdc test light. One side will be 12v input and the other side better have juice when the lever is pulled. If not, the switch is bad or the pintle has broken off..