Super Sweet Junk Yard Finds Today.. Gixer headlight, fz6 seat cowl

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Those of us here in Phoenix are fortunate enough to have Bobs motorcycle junkyard here in town.. It is hard to put into words just how big this place is.. Here is a satellite image of it..
bobs1.jpg

I would estimate it at around 1 to 2 square city blocks with bikes everywhere as far as you can see.. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of bikes and parts! Its an amazing sight to see.. But for some reason they only have 3 FZ6's! and 2 of those are JUST frames.. The other one was missing the piece I actually went down there to get.. The right rear cowl cover. Oh well, its only 20 bucks online anyways..

I did happen to snag a genuine Yamaha rear seat cowl that is a little beat up for only 10 bucks! It has some scratches and what not but Ill be refinishing it and painting it satin black to match the rest of the bike and since the mounting points broke off I will grind down each side so each side looks the same and mount it directly to the seat using velcro..

rearcowl1.jpg

A little dirty!
rearcowl2.jpg

I also picked up a GSXR 600-750 headlight that is a little dirty and missing its tabs but thats no big deal.. Since it would be exposed I would have cut the tabs off anyway but the lens is in good condition. It just need the inside cleaned and the outside polished.. The best part... It was only 20 bucks!! Ha I love that place..

gsxrheadlight1.jpg

The brown on the lens is dirt on the inside.. An easy cleaning job
gsxrheadlight2.jpg

It wont look nearly as sick as Wavex's but after Im done with it, it will be pretty close! Ill polish down all the old mounting tabs and anything else that sticks out. Then add an HID system to it.

You know, if anyone needs anything feel free to ask me and Ill see what I can find the next time I make a trip over there..

Peace out..

Adam

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That aint a Yamaha Seat Cowl...it's a TCP seat cowl...which is even better! nice find!

:thumbup:

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha.. It was a sweet deal but will need some work.. I have to trim both sides to get rid of any accident damage, then trim both sides to match each other.. Then epoxy the 2 cracks it has, sand it smooth, and paint it.. It should be worth the work though..

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it was a sweet deal. Amazed that they didn't ask for more. The guy that has cycle bone yard here prolly would have wanted $100 just for the cowl. And he'll never let you walk around his yard and look. Hell most days he acts like your bothering him even when your paying him cash for a part. I quit going there some time back.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha.. It was a sweet deal but will need some work.. I have to trim both sides to get rid of any accident damage, then trim both sides to match each other.. Then epoxy the 2 cracks it has, sand it smooth, and paint it.. It should be worth the work though..

These guys dont really care I think.. Their yard is so enormous that they are about volume.. not nickle and diming on parts..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh.. Im gonna take some pics the next time I go.. You guys will not believe how huge this place is and how many bikes there are!

Just from the overhead shot you posted...it's possible to see that there are literally thousands of bikes there! Crazy stuff!

:thumbup: