FZ6/Harley Mixer

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For now this is just a teaser thread. I'll be updating as I get work done to the bike.

So far I have the V-Rod headlight mounted (I'll get all kinds of close up pics of the mount after it is sanded and painted.) The light output from the headlight is amazing, I feel like I have my brights on constantly. My bar end mirrors stick out further than I would like but I only paid 6 bucks for them off flea bay so they will hold me over until I get a Rizoma handle bar set up. One good thing about the cheapo mirrors is that they are convex and they show everything behind me, as far as view goes they are amazing.

This is the only pic I have for now.
GetAttachment.jpg

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, the headlight looks great, although I've already warned him of the first comment Wavex is going to make. "Try putting it lower on the forks". LOL.

As of last weekend, when I saw the bike for the first time since the conversion, he hadn't mounted the speedo yet. In fact, he came on a ride with us WITH NO SPEEDOMETER...wow. Good on ya, Daniel! :rockon:

As far as the rear end goes...good catch. I'll let him tell you about that. But yes, it IS higher than your rear end.

earthdaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about the V-Rod headlight, but I liked the Buell Headlight and the fact that you could hide some of the wiring behind the flyscreen. Looks good man. I'm interested to hear about that tail as well, and see a better picture of it.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! How did you mount the speedo? Is it just me or is your tail higher than mine?

Haven't mounted the speedo yet but I will post pics through the process. My tail is a little higher than stock, through a small sub-frame extension, so you are correct about it being different.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, the headlight looks great, although I've already warned him of the first comment Wavex is going to make. "Try putting it lower on the forks". LOL.

As of last weekend, when I saw the bike for the first time since the conversion, he hadn't mounted the speedo yet. In fact, he came on a ride with us WITH NO SPEEDOMETER...wow. Good on ya, Daniel! :rockon:

As far as the rear end goes...good catch. I'll let him tell you about that. But yes, it IS higher than your rear end.

LMAO, yes, I-64 with no speedo is a tricky thing to pull off. I don't suggest anybody trying it BUT I needed to ride. I was getting grouchy lol.

earthdaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't mounted the speedo yet but I will post pics through the process. My tail is a little higher than stock, through a small sub-frame extension, so you are correct about it being different.

Did the tail mod require any changes to the seat? I'm interested in doing something with my tail section, but since I got that Top Saddlery seat, my butt is feeling mighty comfy and I don't want to start chopping up a pricey seat.

Let's hear more about it.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
What a cool idea! The cruiser is the preferred motorcycle look for me, including its simple round headlight, but don't have due to not the bad handling and seating position. If there was an FZ6 that looked like a cruiser, that would really do it for me. Looks like you are on your way! Can't wait to see some more pics.