I am Nekkid and ready for fun!

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally grabbed my balls and went nekkid last night. I sold m front end and used the money to by a cyclopes Acerbis Headlight. I mounted it last night. I also figured out a good way to mount my speedo too. I used zip ties, you can even see them. it looks very natural and clean. I am waiting for my bar end mirros to come in and then I will post picks.

I took it out for a test ride today, It felt awsome. Here is where people will disagree, the bike feels way better when it is in the nude. I had t get used to the difference in perception. It feels way more nimble, and much more compact. there wasnt nearly as much of a problem with wind as I anticipated. The wind was smooth and there was no turbulence. And I did not feel like I was going to fly off the bike. The FZ6 was meant to be naked, Europe definetly knows what they're talking about. I feel so stupid for not doing this before. I will post pics hopefully tonight after I put on the mirrors. I encourage all to strip and be free.

P.S. This is just my opinion. I am not trying to start an argument!:thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics: Wow....can believe I was the first to do this.:D Just had too....i know you will be posting pics later.:D

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally grabbed my balls and went nekkid last night. I sold m front end and used the money to by a cyclopes Acerbis Headlight. I mounted it last night. I also figured out a good way to mount my speedo too. I used zip ties, you can even see them. it looks very natural and clean. I am waiting for my bar end mirros to come in and then I will post picks.

I took it out for a test ride today, It felt awsome. Here is where people will disagree, the bike feels way better when it is in the nude. I had t get used to the difference in perception. It feels way more nimble, and much more compact. there wasnt nearly as much of a problem with wind as I anticipated. The wind was smooth and there was no turbulence. And I did not feel like I was going to fly off the bike. The FZ6 was meant to be naked, Europe definetly knows what they're talking about. I feel so stupid for not doing this before. I will post pics hopefully tonight after I put on the mirrors. I encourage all to strip and be free.

P.S. This is just my opinion. I am not trying to start an argument!:thumbup:

How is that Acerbis headlight treating you? It seems like it might be too flimsy or small, but that was just my first impression. Can't wait to see pics!

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
How is that Acerbis headlight treating you? It seems like it might be too flimsy or small, but that was just my first impression. Can't wait to see pics!

I love the way the Acerbis headlight looks, its funky and against the grain. If you can avoid Acerbis, that would be great. the light looks very dim, and I got the only DOT light they have. I'm hoping that I ca nswitch the bulbs to HID. Otherwise, it is light and well made, the windscreen is a little floppy but not as you would think.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, you're right about the naked wind issues... Up until you clock it at WOT anyway then you're not going to have the same feeling. However, normal speeds, a bike is cleaner feeling (less head buffeting and turbulance) naked than partially faired. To kill the buffeting and turbulance, you need the barn-door windscreen to block all wind but that creates more issues, those being noise and a vacuum behind the screen. In between these two extremes is where our 1/4 faired bikes are.

The FZ series (fairing/windscreen) is more for appearance than total function. It does offer a place to tuck at higher speeds. IT does an OK job (+'07 models) at directing air around the hands. It does create a vacuum and noise though. This is why so many FZ owners search for the magic answer and you see some going naked and a lot more getting screens of differing shapes and sizes. :D

If I could have had the choice between two on the floor, one faired and one Euro-naked, I'd have instantly bought the naked!!!

Now where's the PICS!!! :spank: :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awwwww... I feel a group hug and a round of kumbaya coming! :Flash:

:justkidding: Glad members can have differences and still get along. Well done guys!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Awwwww... I feel a group hug and a round of kumbaya coming! :Flash:

hug-hug-bunny-lawnmower-demotivational-poster-1234299897.jpg

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Oh man! This is better than I hoped! Thanks for the laughs you two!

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
PICS. not done yet though. I still have to put on my bar end mirrors and paint it matte black (I'm sure you posers are gonna hate me for that).