Off road tyres on fz6...possible?

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to fit off road tyres such as Continental TKC80's onto the FZ6?

The front wheel will maybe take a 120/90/17, maybe it wont, but what about the rear?

I havent seen any 180 width off road tyres in my searching, so i suppose the next question is, is it possible to fit narrower wheels? Not sure how much would be involved as ive never had to take a wheel of a bike yet lol.

Cheers for any thoughts, just love the Fazer and want to use it for everything i can hehe

Dave

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
You might hit the fender with a front tire that tall. I don't remember how much space is under there, but I know when I replaced my fender with an R6 one that was designed for a 120/60/17 instead of our 120/70/17, I had to modify it a little or else gravel and dirt and stuff would scrape the underside of it. Not sure about the back wheel, I know you can get shims and stuff to a point (thinking more along the lines of Marchesinis) but dirtbike wheels are skinny, it might get to the point where the chain isn't straight anymore and kinks up.

BCFZRider

Reaction score
www.iwc-solutions.com
:( I've driven down my share of gravel hills.. even though the FZ6 is a capable bike... would you really want to take it somewhere that necessitates the use of TKC's? And.... TKC's usually are B rated tires... 35mph... on a bike that will do 150mph?