smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone use these?

View attachment 21281
Dunlop Roadsmart Sport Touring Tire

In the market for a new set of tires, Have a buddy that recently put these on his FZ6. So far he has no complaints.

any advise would help

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
had a set on my VFR. They were ok, very similar to the Bridgestone BT-021. The roadsmarts are priced in the middle between the Bt-021 and the Michelin Pilot Road 2. If you have the $$$, go with the Pilots (had them on the K1200RS, great tire), if not, i'd probably just go with the 021, i had no complaints from any of them though.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them and have no complaints, of course I dont push the bike to the edge. (yes I have chicken strips). I have riden in the rain a couple of times with no problems.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them - put them on just before I did a track day and I was very happy with their performance. They seem to do well in the rain and are a good all around tire.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
These tires do really good in rain. Remember, here in New England, we lost most of June and July to rain and I rode mostly in rain. I did really bad pouring rain for .25 miles and parked it (I got too wet to enjoy). But for steady medium rain, they do well. I was on the highway and did close to 80mph (I think more) going straight as it rained and they were solid on the road and gave good feedback.

I have never leaned hard on them in rain or dry -- my skill level is not there yet.

For comparison, I've only run Mich. Pilot Road 2 on a CBR and those were good too but not like this in the rain. I don't like surprises so I'll probably mount another set when these wear out.

I'm curious about how they handle in cold (i.e., dry Winter roads); I guess in a few months, I'll find out.

I cannot comment on handling in the dry -- I think my skills have a ways to go before I can even test a tires capabilities.

3709096431_13a65a2f8b.jpg

When I said Michelin Pilot Road 2, I really meant this (sport touring tire):

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details...etSport_Touring_Rear_Tire--41-MICHELIN-4.html

Dennis

Last edited:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
I had them on my 1250 Suzuki and they were superb. I have BT-021s on the FZ6 and look forward to them wearing out so I can put Roadsmarts on.

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I've run the Roadsmarts for a little over 18k(1st set 10k, current set 8k+) so far and can't complain about them. I ride pretty easy though, not usually more than 10 over the limit. I took them to my first track day in February of this year on a wet and cold track and only had one minor squirm where the muddy water was running across the track and I went across it at about 80mph.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Dunlop roadsmart (new Rubber)

Had the day off. found a nice price 131.99 on some rubber.. so spent my day putting new rubber on and a oil change.

View attachment 21288

View attachment 21289

nice day for some TLC

So, I did all the labor myself:eek: and today was the first chance I had to ride. With the new tire and fresh oil change. As I left to work I had that feeling of :scared: I hope I put everything back together correctly:confused:

Ever have that feeling?

Good News:thumbup: Bike felt great, Just taken it easy with the new rubber:D

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting a set of Road Smarts this week for my Z750s...nothing but good reviews from friends and the two shops I called. Plus, the tread pattern looks good...:thumbup:

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site

Had the day off. found a nice price 131.99 on some rubber.. so spent my day putting new rubber on and a oil change.

View attachment 21288

View attachment 21289

nice day for some TLC

$138.95(rear)...how much for front??:cheer: Where...I'm in Temecula, but could easily ride to Oceanside for this deal. Thanks, Randy

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

$138.95(rear)...how much for front??:cheer: Where...I'm in Temecula, but could easily ride to Oceanside for this deal. Thanks, Randy

Randy, Cycle Gear in San Marcos. should honor the same price in you neck of the woods

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
Roadsmarts on..... Look is good. Will reports on feel after a few rides. Right at $300.00 mounted and blanced. Temecula Cycle 951-694-9299. Ask for Dave and let him know Randy referred ya.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

GST-97

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a set of these for my bike a couple days ago.
$250 shipped for the set from denniskirk. My 3k mile old BT016 rear is already down to cords :(

Figured I would go with something a little longer wearing (hopefully)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Roadsmarts on..... Look is good. Will reports on feel after a few rides. Right at $300.00 mounted and blanced. Temecula Cycle 951-694-9299. Ask for Dave and let him know Randy referred ya.:rolleyes:

I might have to call him!

After last weekend's group ride, I've decided I would like to have a tire that not as sticky as the BT016. Not to say that the BT016 is not a good tire, in fact far from it. But as I'm learning, I think my preference is towards less sticky. I have around 5k on the BT016's at this point.

Everyone liking their Roadsmarts so far?