Need tire help...

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I'm going to deals gap before it gets colder out and my stock b 252 is beyond worn and the front tire is starting to cup. My dealer stocks pirelli tires for a decent price but from what i gather from reading reviews the longevity of that tire isnt comparable to say the pilot road 2's which is another tire i was looking at. I'm willing to sacrafice longevity for confidence that the tires will grip well at heavy lean angles and agressive speed... So what do you think of the Diablo Strada's or the pilot roads? other than deals gap i will be highway riding mostly in buffalo except for on weekends. will the pilots give me the grip i would like in the twisties?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'm not a naysayer of Pirelli. I can't comment on them as I've never ridden them.

My Bridgestone BT-016 tires makes me feel like I'm on rails though. sorry to add another brand - you've opened a can of worms with a tire thread LOL

BAD Marsh :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pilot Road 2's are brilliant tyres, great in the wet, great in sports mode, fantastic for touring, and they wear evenly and consistently, if tyre pressures are checked regularly, perfect tyre for the FZ6 IMHO.

:thumbup:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Pilot Road 2's are brilliant tyres, great in the wet, great in sports mode, fantastic for touring, and they wear evenly and consistently, if tyre pressures are checked regularly, perfect tyre for the FZ6 IMHO.

:thumbup:

+1 to wolfies comments. I went to deals gap in June with the group and ran my Road 2's with no issues whatsoever, it even rained a bit while we there and the confidence remained. I have even run them on the track my first 2 track days with no real problem. Great tire, if a little pricey.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the PR2s as well. I don't ride agressively but I ride almost everyday rain or shine and I have never lost traction. The PR2's also seem to last longer for most people so even though they are more expensive you will get more bang for your buck.

neonking2

Reaction score
Visit site
ive riden both and i ride hard

road pilots 2ct are great

pilot power one's road compound are brilliant the increse in confidence is only exceeded by the increase in grip!

power one's get my money,

done 2000 mile on em so far and 1 trackday no squaring and the rear is still waering well better than expected

my last set of perrilis started squaring up after bout 2500 miles

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I run these roads all the time (not Gap specifically, but NC/SC mtn roads) and the Bridgestone BT-016's work awesome!!! I'd have to be riding WAY over my head to get them to break loose. I just wish they had a little easier/quicker turn-in.

That said, I'm still considering trying the Road 2's next time. They are only 2 compound though, where-as the BT-016's are 3.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also running a set of BT-021's and so far I think they're a pretty good tire. I have less than 75 miles on the set, so I'm still scrubbing them in. They feel smoother going down the road, and seem to transition from side to side much smoother than my stock Dunlop Sportmax D-252's did.

So far, I'm quite pleased with the BT-021's.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I use BT-021's. I ride aggressively with them. They are a multi-compound tire that give you better wear at the center of the tire with a stickier compound toward the outer part of the tire. I'm on my second set. What ever tire you choose let them warm up! The grip I get with the BT-021's surpasses the bike clearances. My neighbor put them on his Ducati Monster and my son rode it while he was here on vacation. They worked great and he said he's putting them on his 600rr...

Cliff