520 Conversion

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok i just ordered the conversion kit for my bike, it has the following
RED chainXSO, 15 front, 48 rear. Does anyone have the sprokets on ther bikes, if so, what kind of gerar ratio am i going to have or what RPM's will i have to compinsate for. I think and i am prob wrong but by -1 in the front will lower the RPM but +2 in the rear will raise it, i am looking to get a little more on the bottem and and increase the mid, can anyone help

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
going down 1 in the front will have the same effect as going up about 3 in the back. Both of these will increase the RPM's and torque and lower the top speed

B

Bo67

Thanks for the info guys; now you have me thinking. I'm fine with the stock sprockets but I think a red chain on my red bike would look way cool. Does anyone make a stock replacement chain in red?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thats why i went with the conversion kit. The chain by itself is $150 for another $25-35 you can get everything.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they had the kits that also had the red rear sprocket on there too but i'm too lazy to find it again. I think Renthal was the one who made it.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SUM OF ALL PARTS STORE on ebay type in fz6, and i just went there and its the 520 conversion kit they give great info.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the rear sprocket will be black the chain red. I have the Pro-Bolt sprocket nuts in red, so i think the black would look good with the red nuts and red chain. I also will be ordering the chain adjuster in red after the new year starts.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the rear sprocket will be black the chain red. I have the Pro-Bolt sprocket nuts in red, so i think the black would look good with the red nuts and red chain. I also will be ordering the chain adjuster in red after the new year starts.

i am not sure if you should be bragging about your red nuts, however good they do look, this is just not the place

W

wrightme43

!!!!!This is incorrect and has been updated below!!!(Isnt the stock gearing 15t front 48t rear.

I just spent 30 minutes finding a gearing calculator punching in the stock numbers, and then coming to your thread to find what you were swapping to.

Your putting a 15t front and 48t rear. I may be wrong but I believe that is stock so you will have no change. )

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/gearing_v12.xls

Nope that is wrong. My bike has a stock 46 tooth rear.

Front has a 16t

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/gearing_v12.xls

Last edited by a moderator:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL, i seen your first response and my heart stopppppped and jaw droppppped, i thought i screwed up, but then i thought iwas keeping the stock 48 and just changing the color, now i realized that the stock is a 46, so, gulp i screwed up+2. OK, i was'nt planning on going +2 in the rear just wanted the black, so now i have to think about the rear sprocket. LOL, i will let u all know.:Im With Stupid::Im With Stupid::eek::Lurking:

W

wrightme43

Oh well that totally sucks. It was only right on my computer, and when I shut it, it lost all the info instead of saving.

W

wrightme43

LOL, i seen your first response and my heart stopppppped and jaw droppppped, i thought i screwed up, but then i thought iwas keeping the stock 48 and just changing the color, now i realized that the stock is a 46, so, gulp i screwed up+2. OK, i was'nt planning on going +2 in the rear just wanted the black, so now i have to think about the rear sprocket. LOL, i will let u all know.:Im With Stupid::Im With Stupid::eek::Lurking:

I dont know man, I had it all mapped out. It looks like a 15t 48t combo would be cool. I am sorta computer illiterate when it comes to saving stuff and finding it. I will maybe try again.

W

wrightme43

No it keeps crashing and trying to send a error report. I am tired of messing with it.