• 10+K

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I thought I would get more out of these than I did. 6K and they are down to the bars. I have no idea how some people are getting 10k+ :confused:
I keep my pressure closely regulated, I check every other day. 34F, 36R.
I have 6K on the rear tire and 5K on the front. The rear is done, the front has a little left, so I assume it would have work at the same rate.
Again, I have no idea how others are wearing the fronts faster. :confused:

So, I thought I'd put this poll up for others who would be interested in the tire.
Please post you riding style and purpose.

Mileage: 6K
Riding style: Pretty aggressive, I love the turns.
Even Wear? Yes

I'm going with some Pilot Roads next. They should be able to get a bit more.

Last edited:

ChromeX

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at 8K miles the front only has at most another 5-8 hundred the rear looks it could go another 4-5K. That's why I posted in need of another front and thinking of 016 then a whole set 016.
I do a combination of riding but not super aggressive twisties, no burn outs or stoppies.
Same pressures as you.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the riding I've done the past 6 months has been about 1 hr out to Palomar Mountain or Banner Grade or Montezuma and then more aggressive riding. My front tire seems to wear a little faster so I end up changing them at different intervals. I really like the BT-021's for the climate hear in SoCal. I feel very confident on these especially when warmed. I get these nice little curly 'Q's at the edges when they get hot so you can really see the compound at work. Also the multiple compound seems blended well on this tire. I've read where the different compounds can be abrupt on different manufacturers tire.

Have fun,

Cliff

Last edited:

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a rear bt-021 on, 5000 miles so far, and its got lots of tread left. i dont particularly like it in the rain though, and will probably be getting a rear roadsmart tire to match my front tire.

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep my pressure closely regulated, I check every other day. 34F, 36R.

Is this what most of you guys are running? On my previous *heavier* bikes, they all recommended 36F 42R, the FZ6 recommends that for extended high-speed or fully loaded, but i've always run it anyways. Seems to help a bit with tire wear. Just a thought.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive done 3k miles on my BT021's. Rear has about 3mm tread left, front looks new. Ive noticed tyre pressures make a massive difference in the life of the tyre. I now run at 36/42 and they last alot longer. My previous BT020s where 34/36 and the back barely lasted 4k miles.

I love the 021's. Turn into corners is amazing and they look better too. No problems in the wet as of yet

Ive calmed down abit with the right wrist tho so that will have helped im sure hehe

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably try the BT021's after install my new set of BT016's this week. I currently have 17K and some change on my BT020's (they're ready to swap out)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
7000 km on rear. Not down to wear bars yet. The tyre has just started to square of though. I have 1000 km on the front and it still looks as good as new.

I will try a different brand next time.
Nelly

cowauto

Stop raining on me!
Reaction score
Visit site
The BT-021's are a great tyre: super grip and great feel. Unfortunately for me I have barely been able to get close to the mileages most of you guys have. The reason? .... Bloody punctures. To be a little more exact, four punctures in 5 months last year! :eek: And of course they were all in the rear = very unhappy bank manager.

The problem seems to stem from just how lovely and soft (grippy) the tyres get when they warm up, and then they just swallow up any old crap (especially of the sharp and pointy variety) they happen to meet on the road.

Subsequently I've invested in a slightly harder compound Dunlop rear, but I am sticking with the BT-021 on the front because the confidence I feel from it just makes me wanna smile :D