Not another streetfighter thread...with pics!

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone ever get tired of hearing "Wavex" and "streetfighter" in the same sentence? I know I do, but at the same time, he has singlehandedly started a revolution that has gripped our hearts and minds and (?) angle-grinders and I for one am part of his fold. So I would just like to say: "Wavex, dangit you for being such a stud."

Now, I submit for your approval, my version of the streetfighter:
View attachment 21103
View attachment 21104
View attachment 21105
View attachment 21106
View attachment 21107

The headlight is off of a GSXR1000 but the fairing is entirely unique. I fashioned it over about 2 months time out of fiberglass and used bondo and hours of sanding to smooth it out. I used Color-Rite's deep red metallic and the color is spot on. I also used the red the paint the bottoms of the corner panels. I custom made every bracket from aluminum stock that I got at Lowe's. In the next post I will show the assemblies.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Nice fiberglass work.

You know that you have to etch a decepticon logo onto the headlight glass. It must be done.

decepticon_logo.jpg

21104d1251159857-not-another-streetfighter-thread-pics-img_6178.jpg

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, some people saw my handlebar thread but now I have painted them black.
View attachment 21112

Here you can see the instruments brackets. Two pieces. I used the built-in headlight mounts on the gsxr headlight to mount the instruments. I also cut off our instruments bracket with an angle grinder and shaped it to fit.
View attachment 21113

I used a three point mounting system on the headlight and again, made this bracket from stock aluminum. The headlight is solid but required modification to the headlight itself.
View attachment 21114

Another view of the instruments bracket:
View attachment 21115

As of yet, I have not figured out how to make a cover for the back of the instrument cluster, but I'm working on it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! WOW! Great work and a totally awesome completion! Congrats on ANOTHER unique streetfighter! :thumbup: :steve: :rockon:

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Aside from the headlight, the one thing that I actually spent real money one was the turn signals. I tried to go cheap and sucked. These are 60/pair but they are well worth it. They are dual firing and are very bright for leds.
View attachment 21116

Ok, this pic is to show the brightness of the signals. Both of these shots were taken in broad daylight but the one on the right was taken at -2 stop exposure compensation. Notice that the brightness of the LED's stays roughly the same? Thats because even in daylight, they trump the camera's dynamic range when compared to the surrounding light.
View attachment 21117

Custom FE, brackets made from aluminum.
View attachment 21118

And that's it and now she's for sale... so please, if anyone knows of someone who is looking for a Fiz, let me know. Thanks!

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
what???? After all that work?? :(

It's one of the hardest things I have ever done but I have to. Wifey just had a baby and we need the money! I've put 7000 miles on it since I bought last year. I rode in 10 degree weather all winter long, everyday to work, and she never failed me... cranked on the first time everytime and she's never been laid down.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Very very nice naked!! and the fact that you did all the work (as in building everything manually, notably the headlight mini-fairing) is just awesome!

I am flattered if I inspired some people to convert, but I should add that I did not do it singlehandedly :) I may have been the winner in terms of number of pictures posted around the internet :rof:, but some ppl had showed the path before me (#1 in my book is Steelbilly... but Tassue and others had done some great conversions too).

Anyway, just an amazing looking bike... congrats!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
It's one of the hardest things I have ever done but I have to. Wifey just had a baby and we need the money! I've put 7000 miles on it since I bought last year. I rode in 10 degree weather all winter long, everyday to work, and she never failed me... cranked on the first time everytime and she's never been laid down.

Sorry to hear that bro. But on the other hand CONGRATS on the baby...

I can confirm, baby > bike :rof:

oh and post in here if you can! we need that knowledge of yours summed up before you disappear!! :D http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/20329-conversion-thread-fz6s-fz6n.html

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Very very nice naked!! and the fact that you did all the work (as in building everything manually, notably the headlight mini-fairing) is just awesome!

I am flattered if I inspired some people to convert, but I should add that I did not do it singlehandedly :) I may have been the winner in terms of number of pictures posted around the internet :rof:, but some ppl had showed the path before me (#1 in my book is Steelbilly... but Tassue and others had done some great conversions too).

Anyway, just an amazing looking bike... congrats!

Thanks brother, don't be so modest, I started this thing last June after seeing your pics. I thought, "That is what modern bikes are SUPPOSED to look like." I knew it all along and then when I saw it, it was like a revelation ;) Anyway, cheers and godspeed.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, we need to hook up and go for a ride before you sell your Fighter. I just finished mine too. I live WAY south of Atlanta but work close by in Ellenwood. Nice work by the way. Let me know. Send me a PM or something.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice:thumbup: Sad to hear its going. A way I rationalize it to myself is that the bike payments cost less than gas for the car would if I drove it instead. If I had that bike I would paint those washers on the speedo mount black as well.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Hey I'm in the ATL also (I'm actually really close to Ellenwood). We need to all hook up, ride and do a "photo shoot" of our nakeds....even though my bike is put to shame by yours and mavericks :)

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike. Could you elaborate on the process you used in making the "fork clamp" section of the headlight bracket?