Keystone, CO conference

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I'd share some pics with you of the AMA's Women in Motorcycing Conference that was held in Keystone, Co the last 4 days.
I was able to demo 7 bikes while I was there :cheer: but only made it to 2 seminars....

from:Colorado Springs Co to:CO-105/Perry Park Rd to:CO-105/Perry Park Rd to:CO-105/S Perry Park Rd to:Bear Creek Rd/CO-74 to:Evergreen Pkwy to:Chicago Creek Rd/CO-103 to:Keystone Co to:Fairplay Co to:Colorado Springs Co - Google Maps

Normally it only takes 2 hours to get there....but we took the long way there because we could!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just as I was about to finish this....the site had a hiccup, so here are the bikes that I got to demo.....:cheer:

and for Cheryl....this T-Shirt reminded me of her......

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool :thumbup:

Which one did you like the best ?

They were all fun...but I still favor the BMW F800ST. The Buell handled great up the mountain, but the vibration was too much. John took out a Buell 1125R, and loved it. :confused: The K1300S was a WOW, but a bit much for me. Both Monsters were fun too, but no wind protection.
so I've come to the conclusion that I NEED an after market pipe cause my FZ6 sounded like a sewing machine compared to these!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that I NEED an after market pipe cause my FZ6 sounded like a sewing machine compared to these!

I hear you! ELISABETH meet me at the gas station to go on our ride today and when she pulled up I got to hear what my bike sounds like.:( It is just so hard for me to spend 500-800 dollars on what is basically noise, but I really, really want some pipes.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice shots Brenda. Umm, there's some fluff on your helmet in that 4th shot...lol

I see you have the Go-Pro camera mounted there, any cool vids coming our way too???

:rockon:

I kinda messed up & filled up the memory card before we got to the best parts. Then the batteries died. It was my first time trying to use it, so I'm still going thru the learning curve!

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome Bren, glad you had fun, will have to catch up with you tomorrow about it! Did John end up going too?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda, that trip looks like a blast - I am so jealous. I love that shirt! Where can I get one? :D

I like the BMW F800ST as well - test drove one last year and fell in love. You can even by a lowered version!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda, that trip looks like a blast - I am so jealous. I love that shirt! Where can I get one? :D

I like the BMW F800ST as well - test drove one last year and fell in love. You can even by a lowered version!

Cheryl....one of the vendors was Motorcycle Girl Wear , her web site is: Motorcycle Girl Wear - For girls who aren't afraid of a little power between their legs!
And alot of the bikes there for demo were the lowered chassis, lowered seat, or both. Made it nice for a short person like me!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Brenda - I added that site to my favorites LOL. I am going to order that tshirt and wear it on every first date I go on with my bike! :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
They were all fun...but I still favor the BMW F800ST. The Buell handled great up the mountain, but the vibration was too much. John took out a Buell 1125R, and loved it. :confused: The K1300S was a WOW, but a bit much for me. Both Monsters were fun too, but no wind protection.
so I've come to the conclusion that I NEED an after market pipe cause my FZ6 sounded like a sewing machine compared to these!

Nice pics thanks! You mean the Buell had vibration when riding? Or are you talking about the vibration at idle? I have no vibs when riding...

The F800ST is awesome indeed, except for the 4gal. tank... that means refuel is necessary @ around 120miles... I think BMW screwed up on the tank capacity for a sport touring model like this.

lol @ the aftermarket pipe comment :rockon:

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I was with her Steph. I did a bunch of demo rides in the same groups as Brenda, plus some additional when she was attending seminars, so I can give some good, "IMO" reviews, on bikes she didn't ride, like the V-Max, FJR1300, Ducati Streetfighter, Buell 1125R, plus a bunch of BMW's. I could also probably give feedback from her that she would never remember to post...like, she hates the noise coming from the dry clutch on the 1100 Monster with the open clutch cover, but loves the sound from those Termi's.

I rode a 1200 Firebolt (someone dumped the 1125 I was waiting for) when she was on the XB12 which basically has the same engine, so the vibration comment from her applies to idle and low speed when we were in the demo area (thought my fillings were going to shake loose). Vibration is pretty much as expected for a V-twin at speed (meaning minimal)...maybe a bit more than the counter-balanced Vee in the 1125R or the Ducati's. The vib's also became more noticeable as I approached redline (but not bad). Both the Buell's I rode sure handle great with those short wheelbases though. I was impressed, and didn't think I would be.

As for the small tank on the F800ST...BMW's brouchure says 54/69 mpg (city/hiway). Since I regularly get low 50's on our BMW 1150RT even 2-up and folks we've spoken with that own 800's are telling us 65-70 mpg, 4 gallons is not much of a problem

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
wow... 70mpg from an 800cc twin... that's unbelievable...

Lytehouse always exceeds 60 mpg on the FZ6, and twins seem to do a little better. Even with the 200cc bump, I figure she should see mid 60's on the 800 and would not be surprised if she approached 70 mpg (she's not real heavy on the throttle...sorry hun). It does seem like a lot when I think I only got about low 30's on my 2006 ZX10R.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you! ELISABETH meet me at the gas station to go on our ride today and when she pulled up I got to hear what my bike sounds like.:( It is just so hard for me to spend 500-800 dollars on what is basically noise, but I really, really want some pipes.

HEY, DON'T BE DISSIN' MY FAZER!!! :spank: LOL

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering why I was seeing so many bikes. I was out there with work, happen to see all the freighliner trucks parked in the resort parking lot? That was me.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering why I was seeing so many bikes. I was out there with work, happen to see all the freighliner trucks parked in the resort parking lot? That was me.

You should have stopped by....they were pretty lax about checking to see if you were actually registed for the conference.