The Wisconsin Wiggle Ride - awesome!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had an absolutely AWESOME day for a ride and rounded up a excellent group - including Yamahamike from the forum (who we met for the very first time today).

We met in Sparta for some breakfast - the group numbered 5 - 3 FZ6's and 2 Harleys. (It was pretty cool - the FZ's were all blue - had an '07 (J344's), an '08 (Yamahamike's) and '09 (mine).)

After breakfast we hit the wiggle roads and had a BLAST! Destination was Vetesnik Power Sports in Richland Center. The hubby bought some air pants - really nice ones - and there were plenty of bikes to gaze at but none so nice as my FZ6! Then it was off for lunch - found a nice Mexican cafe where we all had a good time getting to know each other better. Mike bought - thanks again Mike! :thumbup:

Then it was off on more wiggle roads on the way home - our trip was just under 200 miles. Mike said we had some pretty nice roads down here and I agree!

It was great getting to meet another forum member. Mike was a super guy - and hopefully we will be able to do more rides together. :thumbup:

I don't think we could have asked for a better day!!!!!!

Photos coming shortly!!!!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is Yamahamike - great getting to know you Mike!! Had an awesome ride and hope you can join us on more to come!!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry folks - I just got a new Mac and am learning how to do things differently!

A couple more from our ride. :Flash: Lunch... And bikes...

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, Glad you had a good time we are going out tomorrow.:cheer: Got three for sure and possibly five ELIZABETH, Isometrics(new member), myself and hopefully FZ6Nick. Going to do a 180 mile round trip north. Gonna cross the Mississippi by bridge and ferry, should be fun. What part of Wisconsin are you in?

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, Glad you had a good time we are going out tomorrow.:cheer: Got three for sure and possibly five ELIZABETH, Isometrics(new member), myself and hopefully FZ6Nick. Going to do a 180 mile round trip north. Gonna cross the Mississippi by bridge and ferry, should be fun. What part of Wisconsin are you in?

We are in Sparta - SW corner of the state - about 35 minutes from La Crosse. We have some pretty awesome roads around here. Planning on doing a fall color tour on some good roads and will post the details when we get closer to the time.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - just one more shot. ;)

It was just such a fun day! I haven't had such a great day in quite a while!! :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wiggle Roads! Ha that's a good one.

I am going to be in LaCrosse for the Central FJR Owners gathering the 3rd weekend in Sept.
Plan to ride some of those "wiggle roads" of which you speak, on a Gold Wing no less:)

Thanks for the pics, nothing like a good day riding!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wiggle Roads! Ha that's a good one.

I am going to be in LaCrosse for the Central FJR Owners gathering the 3rd weekend in Sept.
Plan to ride some of those "wiggle roads" of which you speak, on a Gold Wing no less:)

Thanks for the pics, nothing like a good day riding!

Are you doing an organized ride or will you be on your own? We could get together if you are interested.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are in Sparta - SW corner of the state - about 35 minutes from La Crosse. We have some pretty awesome roads around here. Planning on doing a fall color tour on some good roads and will post the details when we get closer to the time.

Yes, you do have some great roads in that corner of the state!! Great pics!:thumbup:

Heck even major highways like 60 heading into Prairie Du Chien are fairly twisty. SW Wisconsin is one area I have not ridden in a long time, definitely going to have to schedule a ride there next summer. Fall Colors along the Mississippi are breathtaking. Enjoy!!!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, you do have some great roads in that corner of the state!! Great pics!:thumbup:

Heck even major highways like 60 heading into Prairie Du Chien are fairly twisty. SW Wisconsin is one area I have not ridden in a long time, definitely going to have to schedule a ride there next summer. Fall Colors along the Mississippi are breathtaking. Enjoy!!!

Thanks! Maybe you could join us for a fall color ride this year?

Yes - the Prairie road is pretty twisty - actually any road you go on in this neck of the woods is pretty good to ride on. Guess we are blessed! ;)

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Thanks for posting the pics. (I also like "wiggle roads" and might borrow it from you!! :)

Yamahamike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I just want to say that I had a Great ride on Saturday. Jeff and Brenda are Nice people. Thank You both for the invite. Hope we can ride together again.

Mike
This is a great pic. 3 FZ6's....