I Miss Riding

SanNYC

Reaction score
www.dozendames.org
Hi Ladies:

I'm gonna assume that it's quite on this board because it's too cold for most of you ladies to ride. It's been cold, rainy and in the 30's here in New York City.

I tried to ride, but the ground and the painted lines on the street are so wet that it makes me too nervous to ride. There are plenty of scooters and other bikes on the streets of NY in the winter, but it's just too much of a headache for me to work with all of the gear I was wearing.

A few of the women I road with last summer and I are trying to start an MC club. We have monthly meetings and are planning a few fund raisers and rides for charity. Meeting with the ladies is nice, but I really want to be out riding.

SanNYC

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spring will soon be here. Wouldn't you have to stow the gear you have at work anyway?
I used to hate the painted lines in the road and found myself tensing every time I hit one. Took along time not to hold my breath and just relax. As you stated there are other bikes on the road so it may just be your confidence.
Good luck anyway and merry x-mas.
Neil

W

wrightme43

I dont like riding on cold wet roads, with cold wet tires either. I dont care what people think about it. The reward vs. risk is not there for me. Here is to some warm dry weather soon.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am probably going on my last ride until spring on saturday. The high should be about 30 but no rain or snow after Thursday night so i hope the roads will be alright.

There is an Allegedly very large snow storm coming through on Sunday =(

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Iowa. We're completely covered in 2 in. of ice.

Put the bike away in mid-November.

Boooooooo.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been cold & snowy here. I've shoveled the driveway 5 times in the last 4 days :( and there is way too much slush on the roads to even think about taking a bike out. Flordia, it may be warm there but nothing compares to the Rocky Mtns. So crank up the TSO & Merry Christmas to all!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
with the sleeves off it is a mesh and still has protective pads

we use squid for bait here....

oh, alright i guess that is alright then, can we hug and make up now, I will just be jealous of your ability to ride for the next couple of months... 6 inches of snow tonight and 10-12" on sunday

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOl, hey mike was it cold by you, it only got to 85 today but it was windy. It got cold at night, i had to put my heavy jacket on, it wa around 68.
:Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just seen something in those icons that i just used, there is something wrong with that pic....... anyone see the problem
:Sport::Sport:
do you see what wrong with it.....ANYONE

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
i just seen something in those icons that i just used, there is something wrong with that pic....... anyone see the problem
:Sport::Sport:
do you see what wrong with it.....ANYONE

The smiley-dude ain't wearing a helmet...? Noup, it must be that his bike isn't blue. :p (I really have no clue. All I know that I haven't been on the road for over three months and I still have, oh, about four more to go.)