Knowledge & Perception Test

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link from the MSF that offers a way to see how sharp you are riding on the streets. Ironically the collision trap test (haven't gone to the perception yet) the pictures are from Las Vegas, I travel many of those exact same roads just about everyday. LOL..

Rider Perception

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
15/20 on the Collision Traps

18/20 on Signs. In the collision test they said a pedestrian sign was a school zone sign. In the signs test it was a pedestrian sign. Oops!

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
17/20 on collision

20/20 on road signs

the one i got wrong was a car pulling an illegal U-turn from the left side. I answered increase following distance first. The way I would have done that would have been to ride my rear brake a bit. The situation in front of me would have resolved and the people behind would have backed off too. When that was the wrong answer I picked "change into left lane" because I figured I would aim for where the SUV was and not where it was going to be. If there was going to be a collision i would escape the entirety of it and end up in a safe place. That was also wrong

the right answer was to make ur brake lights light up. Well, I didnt pick that because that is pretty much what I was thinking in my first option which was wrong. That question could have had better phrased answers.

I am calling that a perfect score for LoneSoldier on both tests!! :p

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
20/20 Road Sign Test
17/20 Collision Traps Test

EDIT: Interesting, if you take it again, the questions and pictures change. Good to take it multiple times then to learn from.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
17/20 on collision

20/20 on road signs

the one i got wrong was a car pulling an illegal U-turn from the left side. I answered increase following distance first. The way I would have done that would have been to ride my rear brake a bit. The situation in front of me would have resolved and the people behind would have backed off too. When that was the wrong answer I picked "change into left lane" because I figured I would aim for where the SUV was and not where it was going to be. If there was going to be a collision i would escape the entirety of it and end up in a safe place. That was also wrong

the right answer was to make ur brake lights light up. Well, I didnt pick that because that is pretty much what I was thinking in my first option which was wrong. That question could have had better phrased answers.

I am calling that a perfect score for LoneSoldier on both tests!! :p

Same score here on fast

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
10/10 for signs on medium speed

18/20 for the collosion on medium speed. I don't like that some questions are not clear. The one that got me was in a construction zone and asked about hazards, and all 3 were present hazards... Oh well, I think I did pretty well.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
people should start asking their non-rider friends how they do....

i would be surprised if many got over 80% on the collision trap ones.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
people should start asking their non-rider friends how they do....

i would be surprised if many got over 80% on the collision trap ones.

This is a good point... I'm going to make my girlfriend take this and will post up how she did (hint: she's a f'in horrible driver)

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ya.. i got 19 out of 20 on signs... only because a "pass on either side"WTF is that? i have never seen that sign before...

and i missed a few on collision... like the dump truck one... i would be looking for debris on the road.. not people... what person would walk into my lane? im looking for crap that fell off the truck... and the one at the light... "where is the best path to go... i said straight.. only because your 100% blocked on right, and if you go left you hit on coming traffic... but it said to go left... so i guess im a hood ornament instead of a hamburger. ;)

all in all good test :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
and the one at the light... "where is the best path to go... i said straight.. only because your 100% blocked on right, and if you go left you hit on coming traffic... but it said to go left... so i guess im a hood ornament instead of a hamburger. ;)

all in all good test :thumbup:

I agree with this one, the only way out was in your own lane. However, in the picture you were in the right part of the lane and could move to the left part to then escape forward. Either way, that one was a poorly worded question/picture combo.