Joining the Naked Club

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
I always avoided going to the street fighter sub forum because I knew they looked better and didn't want to spend money to convert. After viewing all the FZ6N pictures, I've finally given in and started the conversion process. Here are the parts I've order if anyone is interested.
- FZ1N headlight kit
- Fork clamps to mount the headlight
- 22mm handlebar mirror adapters
- some bling...sorry, I meant mirrors - rizoma radial naked
- turn signal adapters to mount the rizoma turn signals
- H4 projector...the same one that Godzilla and Boneman used.

Picked up the mirrors from Motovation yesterday.
IMG_6492.jpg

I won't do a write up as there are a couple up already for the FZ1N headlight, I'll just post some pictures when it is done.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jealous... Soooooooo jealous! I am TRYING to talk her into buying the kit, at the ALL TIME LOW of $695 now.... And I really have the FZ1 to put it on dammit! :D

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1inNH, there's actually a place that's got the kit for UNDER $500 now. I read it somewhere on the FZ1OA forum (I think). It's VERY tempting at that price!!!

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is the secret Tom? Beside trimming the mounting bracket, modifying the fork clamps, and fabricating the bottom bracket (which I've already done with an 1/8" aluminium barfrom home depot). Did you guys cut your harness to fit or keep it stock. I'm planning to cut my to length to make it as clean as possible. I'll never go back to fairings since I've already sold my stock parts so keeping the harness stock doesn't concern me. If the projector fits in the housing, my only debate is whether to paint the reflector black or not? Any suggestions?

BTW, Installed the mirrors today, they are a piece of art! I'll make sure I post come close up pictures when I'm done.

Agreed! :thumbup:

It's not rocket science but there are some tricks to getting it to work (I know Victor's secret ;)). Let us know if you need any hints...

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I know it sounds obvious....but make sure you buy the mounting brackets for those mirrors. When I bought my Rizoma mirrors I was so excited that I didnt order the mounts for the handlebars. I got the entire bike done...went to put the mirrors on and couldn't without the mounts. Had to order them and let the bike sit until they came in...silly mistake!

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally finished, the conversion was not hard, it just took time to gather all the pieces. I still have a little throttle binding at full left lock but I'll work it out eventually. And there is a check engine light now... thought it was the speedo healer but I disconnect it and the check engine light is still there. The two things that bugged me with the stock faired setup were the ugly mirrors and the front blinker location...... all fixed now. Visibility from these mirrors are 100% better than stock, I see behind me, not my elbows! Anyways, here are some quick pictures, comments welcomed.

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome! Love all the black.. handlebars, clamps, top triple clamp, all look very good. Sucks about the check engine light. The first thing that pops into my mind is to check all your electrical connections. Other than that, I don't have a lot of advice for that problem. Hope you can get it fixed. Good luck!