Review your gloves.

W

wrightme43

I have the firstgear burnout gloves in blue.
This review is dead on.
FirstGear Gloves - webBikeWorld
Ok but the minimum gloves for really hot days.

I have the aerostich elkskin gauntlets.
Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet :: Elkskin and Deerskin Gloves :: Gloves :: Off And Riding :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
I love these gloves. They feel like chamois inside. They are sorta waterproof for a solid 15mins.
The come with a shield wipe sewn into the left thumb. Outstanding comfort.
I should of got a 9 instead of a 9.5, but the size chart said I needed a 9.5. So based on that experince alone you might want to order a half size small.
Great gloves
I am able to use a string cotton gloves inside them and hot hands on the back of my hand to keep warm when its really cold, but feel is lost, and I dont like it. With just the hot hands in its fine. I just need to buy some insulated gloves and heated grips.

I have the icon superduty gloves.
They suck, I wish I had never bought them.

Last edited by a moderator:

GBinAZ

Reaction score
Visit site
best gloves I've ever owned and still do are the Lee Park's deerskins. They are great and I got the light weight pair for everyday and the insulated gauntlet gloves for colder riding. The quality is excellent and they can be washed and will go back to their original shape after they get grungy and stretched out after many miles. Highly recommended!!!

S

sportrider

cortech Accelerators, I like the gloves they breath really good, and I like the carbon fiber knuckles. the only draw back is your hands get cold on cool days.

besier

Reaction score
Visit site
Alpinestar SP3

Not very good so far!!! Stitching is on the inside of the fingers and is uncomfortable, cold on cool days, and hot on warm days. Now I know why they were in the bargan bin... They are band new and may need time to wear in, but so far I don't like them.

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought 19.99 $ gloves when i got the bike one year later bike has 10k milles and istill using them
fotop_5167_1.jpg

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got four pair of Cortech/TourMasters (if they fit right buy them I guess) for varied conditions although two of them overlap a lot.

Cold front carbon - cool weather use (up to ~50 or 55F) although not good for really cold (eg below 40F at highway speeds). The insulation is a little puffy but not terrible. Could also use a long gauntlet IMO.

Scarab R.R - road race style glove with hard knuckles and the next warmest. I use from the cold front up to about 65F. No real complaints about these but they are little odd in that the sides of the fingers are strech material and let air through versus other gloves were vents would be on top. Does allow some control of how much air gets through by how tightly you close your fingers together.

Comp Carbon Glove II - another road race style glove that is just a little cooler than the Scarab but not much. The backs of these are perf. leather with molded in vents so they do flow a little more air than the Scarab. You could probably choose one or the other and be fine but I have both so I use them.

D.X Air - summer weight glove - mesh back, light-weight palm. I use anytime it's over about 70F Not sure how they'd hold up in a crash (hope not to find out) but definitely comfy when it's hot.

Still need to find some that are good in temps below the cold front and also for wet weather.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I needed some cooler gloves for summer riding. I like my leather Tour Master gauntlet style gloves a lot, but they are too hot in 90+ weather.

I tried on a lot of gloves and settled on these alpinestars S-MX 2 air carbon gloves. They were $60 which was more than I wanted to spend, but after a bad experience with some Joe Rocket gloves that were on sale, but ended up being uncomfortable, I was putting comfort above economy.

They really let the air flow through, I was surprised!

1400083090_4b4c9c0aa4_m.jpg
1399193135_cc6e33e717_m.jpg
1399195901_5352174875_m.jpg

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
For winter and wet riding i have my Hein gericke Toureg goretex gloves warm and breathable 45K on them so far and they have leaked once about 3months ago during monsoon rain fall which caused everything to leak.
Summer paws i have Frank Thomas cruiser gloves really comfy good feel on the controls and for mid gloves i have a stores own brand as they were the only thing that fitted and were comfy these have carbon knuckles over the back of the hand and extending motion on the fingers and tough leather palms

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they have leaked once about 3months ago during monsoon rain fall which caused everything to leak.

I wonder if gloves like these would benefit from some scotchgard or other sealant treatment on the stitching once a year? Does the manufacturer say anything about this? :confused:

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
no idea but if did use a treatment it would be Nykwak Tech wash and water proofer i use it on my textiles but the gloves are leather so maybe dubbin would work

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Got:

1) GC leather gloves- cheap & thin layer...regret buying it
2) Spidi Sport Composite H2OUT - great protection and comfy, BUT no wrist strap, one of the most important features. A good glove should have one. If you try enough you can pull them off while wearing them normally. It would also happen in a bad crash
3) Progrip gloves. Good enough for their cheap price

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a pair of REV-ITs a few weeks ago at the BMW dealership during their open house. They retail for $120, but got it for $60.

INFERNO VCS
Product code: FGS033
These gloves fill the gap between a race glove and a touring glove in terms of protection and functionality. The INFERNO offers adequate protection for both sports and touring use. The composite knuckle has been processed to create a different look, but still have more than adequate impact protection. High impact areas on the glove have been reinforced with Schoeller®-Keprotec for added abrasion resistance, along with a two-strap gauntlet that ensures the glove stays in place. The INFERNO is the perfect glove for every rider who demands comfort, style and protection.

Sizes men S-XYL ladies S-M-L Colours Black
Black - silver
PROTECTION FEATURES
Outershell: french cowhide, cow nappa, Clarino®, Schoeller®- Keprotec, Pampas leather, Pittard® digital goatskin
Isolation: non padded tri-fleece lining
Protection: Schoeller®-Keprotec covered carbon hard shell knuckles, PU impact finger labels, Schoeller®-Keprotec reinforced little finger, Pampas leather reinforced palm

ERGONOMIC FEATURES
Fit: pre-shaped race fit
Adjustability: Velcro cuff and wristband, leather finger stretch lips
Features: Pittard® grip panels

BreathabilityWaterproofInsulationProtectionVisibilityPriceWASH AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Engelse Wash and Care

PRIJS AANVRAAG
Price request intro

C

clockworkjon

I have the Alpinestar Maze gloves. Full leather, carbon fiber top and middle knuckle guards. Sturdy as hell, breathes a little but still makes my hands sweat like you'd expect leather gloves to. Good feeling on the controls. And they look super badass! Overall great purchase and I expect they'll last for several years.

Maze Gloves - Alpinestars Official Store