Replacement headlight assembly?

deosilmau

Reaction score
Visit site
Awhile back, my US 04 FZ6 decided it wanted to kiss the pavement. The cowling was broken beyond repair, which was fine by me since I like the streetfighter version more anyways. The cowling has since been removed, so all that's left is the subframe, instruments, mirrors, and headlight assembly. The headlight assembly is broken in half and held on by a couple screws and zap-straps. It's functional enough that I used it for the rest of the season, but I kept having issues with the direction the headlights pointed wandering (not really surprising).

So with my off-season downtime, I'm looking for some replacement headlights. Is there any kind of replacement/aftermarket headlight kit thing that I could pick up? I don't really know much about this stuff, so if there's any important information I'm leaving out, just say so.

Thanks!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awhile back, my US 04 FZ6 decided it wanted to kiss the pavement. The cowling was broken beyond repair, which was fine by me since I like the streetfighter version more anyways. The cowling has since been removed, so all that's left is the subframe, instruments, mirrors, and headlight assembly. The headlight assembly is broken in half and held on by a couple screws and zap-straps. It's functional enough that I used it for the rest of the season, but I kept having issues with the direction the headlights pointed wandering (not really surprising).

So with my off-season downtime, I'm looking for some replacement headlights. Is there any kind of replacement/aftermarket headlight kit thing that I could pick up? I don't really know much about this stuff, so if there's any important information I'm leaving out, just say so.

Thanks!

Why not just get the factory headlight for the naked version?

W

wrightme43

Welcome Welcome glad your here. I have seen them, but didnt save the link. If you look in the UK or Europe areas you will finds them.

deosilmau

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just get the factory headlight for the naked version?

I live in Canada, and from searching similar topics in this forum, I was under the impression that I can't order a factory headlight for the naked version because they don't sell the naked version over here and suppliers from your side of the pond won't ship headlights over here. Maybe I'm mistaken.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Canada, and from searching similar topics in this forum, I was under the impression that I can't order a factory headlight for the naked version because they don't sell the naked version over here and suppliers from your side of the pond won't ship headlights over here. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Maybe someone on here would be willing to ship one to you from the UK or somewhere that does offer the very sexy naked version.

MIFZ600

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently wrecked my 2006 FZ6 You said you have a list for replacement parts around the headlight assembly.........do you still have that list.

I tore the whole assembly off as well as dented up the gas tank. Been having problems finding a site with replacement parts I need to make my bike whole again. Any help be appreciated.