My first time on the track!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I am a total newbie (2 months, 500 miles) and decided to sign up for the "Test the Track" course, so I can learn more about cornering and leaning my bike, in a controlled environment. I had a GREAT time, and learned a lot. Towards the end of the second session, I even scraped my toe and foot peg going through a hairpin turn. It scared the you-know-what out of me!! :eek:
Here are a couple of pics from Stiebel Photography. (I am buying them, so I don't feel guilty about "poaching" them now!) :D
View attachment 20960

View attachment 20961

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh Look another reminder :banghead:.

:justkidding: I told my wife no matter what I am making the next one.

I really want to get out there but I don't know if I will be able to order everything in time. I need riding boots as I am using wolverine boots right now. I also need to get a leather jacket, I only have mesh and only have the standard gloves not gauntlet type. Then we move to the pants, I don't have any riding breeches. I know I should have some of these things but I don't , I do always wear my Jacket, Boots and gloves however!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow wow wow...2 months, 500 miles and your peg scraping!

Good for you, yes the track is sooooooooo much fun and what you learn may save you butt someday.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
2510594955_dc507873f7.jpg

trackdays.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good for you!!! too many people use the "I am too much of a Newb for the track" excuse.

The track can teach you and help you a lot at any level of riding.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh Look another reminder :banghead:.

:justkidding: I told my wife no matter what I am making the next one.

I really want to get out there but I don't know if I will be able to order everything in time. I need riding boots as I am using wolverine boots right now. I also need to get a leather jacket, I only have mesh and only have the standard gloves not gauntlet type. Then we move to the pants, I don't have any riding breeches. I know I should have some of these things but I don't , I do always wear my Jacket, Boots and gloves however!

For the Test the Track (vs. the race day participants), the requirements are much less. Based on what I have seen of your gear, all you HAVE to buy/borrow are the gloves. I think your jacket is heavy textile, not mesh, which is acceptable. And you have the over the ankle leather boots. Jeans are allowed (two pair recommended). Sign up now, Mike!! :cheer: Try The Track

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a track day ,not a fashion parade ,sheesh :rolleyes:

Actually, Brenda asked how they worked for me because she is the one that recommended the Olympia Air Glides I am wearing. :) They were great, and the knee armor is MUCH better than the Fieldsheer pants I had before. I'm glad I bought them! And based on my slow speed on the track, I WAS in a parade!! :rof:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome Beth and $30 is a heck of a deal!

I paid over $200 for my day on the track. :eek:

I paid over $200 as well so that is a really good deal! I'm glad you had fun Beth, are you addicted now? Doing another one?

I'm so ashamed - I've been riding for years, did a track day in July and I've NEVER scraped the pegs. Good job! :thumbup:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
It's nice to not have to look for cars and traffic just focusing on the road ahead of you.

Keep up the learning curve.

Good for you, yes the track is sooooooooo much fun and what you learn may save you butt someday.

good for you!!! too many people use the "I am too much of a Newb for the track" excuse.

The track can teach you and help you a lot at any level of riding.

These reasons are exactly why I did the test the track class. :thumbup: I learned SO much in a very short time. I had one decreasing radius turn that got me the first time through it, and had I been on the streets, I would have ended up way over the yellow line, and maybe at the morgue. Now I have a much better grasp on taking curves. I would highly recommend it to anyone (at any riding level). It was an absolute BLAST!! :D

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome, Beth. Track days make crack seem like cotton candy - very addicting. Now that we've got you, there are several very nice facilities for track days in the mid-west, so come on out. Never stop learning and never stop practicing and refining your skills.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is awesome Beth! Love the photos...and I am going to check out those Olympia Airglide pants.. I need a pair of pants and since two of you have liked them.. well I will just have to try them myself ;)

Deb

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
That is awesome Beth! Love the photos...and I am going to check out those Olympia Airglide pants.. I need a pair of pants and since two of you have liked them.. well I will just have to try them myself ;)

Deb

I bought them through this store, also recommended by Brenda (lytehouse) MotoGear Outlet - Motorcycle Riding Pants
You can PM me if you want more info.