Howdy folks!

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy! Hope yall don't mind a Kawasaki guy in here! I've been riding for about 2.5 years with 2 of those years on an '06 Kawasaki Z750s. I put over 37,000 miles on that bike before dropping it on a left hand turn last week and cracking the engine block (my first motorcycle accident and, stupidly, my fault). Initial estimates indicate that the bike is probably totalled which puts me in a position of shopping around for a replacement. The Z did teach me that I love this style of bike... Decent wind protection, easy access to the motor for maintenance, and a comfortable upright seating position combined with sporty performance and good turning clearance (drag parts every time I'm on a cruiser!). I'm seriously considering the FZ6 as a potential replacement for my beloved Z and figured this would be a great place to get some questions answered. I guess, in short, it's great to be here!

Coffee

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, there are a handful of members here who own other types of bikes, and also are considering purchasing the FZ6. Great bike, a workhorse type of bike, good ergos but yet still sporty and most importantly, has the power and speed when you need it. There are a bunch of threads that you can catch up on regarding why you should buy the bike vs other similar bikes, such as the SV650. The search engine is helpful. Great site for Q's and A's. We have several members from Texas too, so you should feel right at home. I know how big the state is, so when you say central, are you like in the Austin area? Go Cowboys! I'm not sure if any members own an '08 yet, so you could be the first and make everyone jealous.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Welcome.... glad you are OK .... sorry to hear about your bike.

The FZ6 is an awesome ride... here you can learn and ask questions as you filter through the posts and info.

good luck as you make your decision

H

HavBlue

Welcome... The Z750 is a sweet ride. Sorry to here yours came to an untimely death. I think you'll find the FZ6 a very worthy replacement. Similar style and performance with the FZ6 having a slight edge. The Z750 would be easier to get goodies for. Let us know when you get a new ride.....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, and FWIW i just got my FZ6 and so far it has nothing lacking and everything i expected from it. Good luck with the purchase.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well welcome and hope you buy the FZ6, "IT WONT LET YOU DOWN", it is a well rounded bike. If you do deside to buy it make sure you buy the faster color, that's the RED one. :Sport:

J

jsteinb95

Welcome to the family, sorry about your bike. I too have a kawasaki....everybody is welcome here. :D

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got the official word yesterday from the insurance company. My dear Z is dead.. they totalled it. Now just waiting on the insurance check to put down (i'm just about certain) on a black '08 FZ-6. Once done I plan to have a ride in Z's honor. Thank you all for your support in this trying time... Is it bad that I'm looking forward to my new bike? :(:Flash:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it bad that I'm looking forward to my new bike? :(:Flash:

Definately not, something new, shiny and better is on your way and you didn't have to worry about selling your other bike. It is sad that you weren't ready to let go but i am guessing that you will get over it fairly quickly.:Sport:

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my FZ6 beginning of June. It's a great performer, and you'll be able to find out real quick how powerful the bike is.

All those long straight, cop-free roads in Texas...

<sighs>