What do you guys think of this headlight?

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Streetfighter, Street Fighter Motorcycle Headlight:eBay Motors (item 320413463208 end time Aug-27-09 19:48:26 PDT)

Ya Its another ebay streetfighter light from Thailand.. Its looks pretty good and has built in turn signals but they always list them as 35 watt bulbs.. That seems pretty weak.. Does anyone have any experience with headlights like this and how was the output? Does it use a common bulb that can be upgraded to HID for better output? The seller has been useless when I ask these questions..

Thanks!

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Streetfighter, Street Fighter Motorcycle Headlight:eBay Motors (item 320413463208 end time Aug-27-09 19:48:26 PDT)

Ya Its another ebay streetfighter light from Thailand.. Its looks pretty good and has built in turn signals but they always list them as 35 watt bulbs.. That seems pretty weak.. Does anyone have any experience with headlights like this and how was the output? Does it use a common bulb that can be upgraded to HID for better output? The seller has been useless when I ask these questions..

Thanks!

Dude - I saw that headlight mounted on a FZ6 when I was visiting Nashville. The bike was for sale by a dealership. I was wondering what headlight it was so I took pics and posted it on the other forum.

My opinion is that it didn't look very good. Maybe if you rigged up some kind fly-screen to go with it. I think the pics are gonna save you the $88 of disappointment. Also yes, I think the wattage is too low.

Naked FZ6 - what headlight is this? - Sportbikes.net

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude - I saw that headlight mounted on a FZ6 when I was visiting Nashville. The bike was for sale by a dealership. I was wondering what headlight it was so I took pics and posted it on the other forum.

My opinion is that it didn't look very good. Maybe if you rigged up some kind fly-screen to go with it. I think the pics are gonna save you the $88 of disappointment. Also yes, I think the wattage is too low.

Hmm.. Your right, I dont how I feel about how that looks.. If it didnt have all that fairing around it, it might now be too bad.. Guess Ill keep looking..
And why do all the asian headlights only have like 25 watt bulbs?? No way they are powerfull enough to light up the road..

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't like it.

Thats because you have the coolest headlight ever!! Im thinking of picking up an 06 gsxr600 headlight tomorrow for only 50 bucks.. But it wont look nearly as good without that custom fairing you have.. How did you get that done? Do you happen to have HID's in your headlight? If so how do they look in the projector section?

Thanks

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site

I dunno, the more I look at it the more im starting to like it.. Whatever I end up getting, Im pretty set on installing projectors and Hid's in it.. I may go the BMW style or generic depending on ease and price.. Any ideas for a good headlight to mod with some projectors?
They sell a kit on ebay that has the projectors with hid bulbs in them already. They also have halos and are Bi Xenon!!.. You just have to supply your own ballasts.. The cutoff looks pretty good too..

check it.. PROJECTOR LEN KIT Angel Eye E46 M3 TSX H4 D2S HID XENON:eBay Motors (item 270405493333 end time Sep-06-09 21:17:14 PDT)

It looks like an easy swap into something like this... Streetfighter Headlight motorcycle Honda Kawasaki Matte:eBay Motors (item 230368298253 end time Sep-15-09 22:13:49 PDT)

Or maybe into a dominator style if I could find one with a clear lens..

Last edited:

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Well here is my newest idea.. Take a cheap ebay streetfighter headlight and modify it with twin hi/low projectors and some turnsignals and running lights.. Check it out.. the whole set up would be less than 200 bucks and have an amazing light output..

Before and after

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would noy buy anything electrical for a bike from Thailand, E-Bay or not.

I have had friends and aquaintances who have done so in the past and without exception all the things they got were sub standard and soon as it gets wet the components begin to corrode.

Other people may have bought great bike bits from Thailand, but I have not heard of it.

Pay the money and get one from home.

Steve