Excellent quote by Valentino Rossi

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Post Brno quotes:

Lorenzo - "Unless strange things happen, everything is lost," Lorenzo told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I must avoid thinking of the championship and just work to improve race after race. The situation is too complicated.

"I have to fight against the best ever rider, and on top of that I struggled with setting up the bike and I also felt physically tired. But I'm not looking for excuses, these things happen when you're on the limit.

"Valentino is the best, and the championship is in his hands. Now I only think about finishing second."

Rossi - "For sure Lorenzo was a bit too anxious to beat me," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I mean a lot to the other riders, I've been at the top for a long time and beating me would mean taking the number one crown off my head.

"When I ride I have a clear vision of what's happening, that's always been one of my strengths. With my form, and Yamaha's form at the moment, it's difficult to be quicker than me. At best you can be as quick as me."

Legend

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
If that quote was coming from anyone else, I'd think they were a pompous s-o-b. Rossi, he can back those words up.

Great interview with him in last month's Bike (UK) magazine discussing his riding techniques... (sample here) gave some insight in how he's maintained that "number one crown" on his head for so long.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a rare combination to have so much raw talent and a brain to go with it. Even better he is quite a funny bloke as well. :D

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Rossi rocks. Plain and simple. I also think he told Yamaha to get Lorenzo on board because he (Rossi) thinks Lorenzo could be the next 'Rossi' and he wants to teach him a few things. For sure Lorenzo is getting invaluable time in the pits with Rossi and will be learning a lot. I know they have seperate crews and stuff but trust me, there will be some knowlege sharing going on.