the other streetfighter

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Still no Yamaha full naked bikes sold in the USA I've been looking at what else there is since I don't want to strip my bike just yet and the reviews on the FZ1 have been worse.

Last week I tested the Ducati streetfighter the local dealer was too happy to let me take the "S" model for a ride.:welcome: OMG WTF WoW :eek: That is one fun bike.

Flicks better than anything I've ridden, pulls like a dragster and turns heads like a nudest. Traction control is the big plus on the S model holding the front end down with the higher numbers with it off a wheelie monster (I didn't go there) way beyond my abilities.

Everyone should get one of these between their legs at least once before they go.:Flip:

Still love my fazer for the daily commute but once in a while it would be nice to do more than bog when I twist the throttle hard.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still no Yamaha full naked bikes sold in the USA I've been looking at what else there is since I don't want to strip my bike just yet and the reviews on the FZ1 have been worse.

Last week I tested the Ducati streetfighter the local dealer was too happy to let me take the "S" model for a ride.:welcome: OMG WTF WoW :eek: That is one fun bike.

Flicks better than anything I've ridden, pulls like a dragster and turns heads like a nudest. Traction control is the big plus on the S model holding the front end down with the higher numbers with it off a wheelie monster (I didn't go there) way beyond my abilities.

Everyone should get one of these between their legs at least once before they go.:Flip:

Still love my fazer for the daily commute but once in a while it would be nice to do more than bog when I twist the throttle hard.

Yes...this in one very desirable bike.....so it should be for an asking price of about $26000 (Aus) and that's only the base model...the S version is $31000 (Aus).....Would love one of these in my garage....

:rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want this bike, but think id loose the other half of my licence.

Besides, couldnt part with my beloved 'Trinity' just to get one (but maybe when the loan is paid off on the FZ ill get another loan and have both :thumbup: )

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I LOVE the streetfighter, but i HATE the price tag of it.

After i win the lottery i will own at least one of them, but until then i am very happy with my FZ

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
"She will be mine. Oh, yes - she will be mine."
That's what I've been telling all my friends. I LOVE the base model in WHITE. SO SEXY. It is only $15K....like said above, just a lil more than a R1

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it's about that time for me to go naked. While I fell in love with the streetfighter I get along better with her little sister the monster 696.
They are taking the FZ6 in trade and I should have the bike in 2 days.
Since it was a 2009 used bike traded in with 3450 miles for a streetfighter it has just about every cool add on included a comfort seat, termi carbon/stainless exhaust, , aircleaner, chip, led blinkers, FE, braided brake hoses and is 355 lbs with 90 hp. with about the same MPG and size gas tank as the fazer.

Wish me luck and AMF,

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Charlie! What a SWEEET ride! Congrats and I'm quite sure you'll have a lot of fun on this bike. I love the Duc but hate the maintenance of them. They are great for the guy who can tinker and knows what he is doing. :D

Ride reports!!! Lucky bastid!

shawn66mcl

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree with the post, the Duc is an amazing bike. But for now, my bike is paid for and has pretty much all the modifications i want and has more luggage. So until I find another job, I'm keeping my FZ. Although I might buy one and still hold onto the FZ because it was my first love.

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted the Monster since last year when my MSF instructor pulled up on one. After doing some research and seeing how much everyone here loved their FZ6, I decided against. Like FZ1inNH said, the maintenance is a drawback. I'd rather ride than wrench.
I like the look of the Monster more though.

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Charlie! What a SWEEET ride! Congrats and I'm quite sure you'll have a lot of fun on this bike. I love the Duc but hate the maintenance of them. They are great for the guy who can tinker and knows what he is doing. :D

Ride reports!!! Lucky bastid!

Thanks, Yeah I'm loving it so far my insurance went up $23 bucks for the year. I traded in my Fazer after a 5 year ride on it and with all this talk about going naked got me off my computer and out there test riding all sorts of bikes. One thing I have noticed about the ride naked is my wind noise in the helmet went down I couldn't get into clean air behind the fazer windscreen.
The mirrors are not as good as a Yamaha on any of the Ducati's they are smaller and vibrate more the 1198 mirrors are the worse of the bunch only there to hold the turn signals since everything in the mirror in the blind spot is a blurr except your arms. Forget about seeing behind you unless you do some wild manovering with an arm up and head down.

The power is about the same on the 696 with 80 HP the 1100 is 95 HP and the engine red lines about 9500 with the red light at the top of the tac lighting CPU cutting fuel and retarding the timing until I shift. Since it is air cooled and only 2 cylinders there is about 100 lbs missing under the seat so flicking the bike is a lot easier and without a steering dampener (optional) I can really feel it at 355 lbs. The front brake is powerful but not grabby like I had heard at 320 mm. On both Monster's the tank sides are plastic covers so they won't dent and a scratch on one can be replaced without replacing or repainting the tank.:rockon: They offer several matching colors of tank side covers, front fender and rear seat cover and a lot of carbon replacement heat shields mud guards etc so personalizing the bike is just a matter of picking a color.
The rear seat comes with a cover bolted to the seat so taking a friend in a monents notice leaves the cover going into a backpack or in the friends house. The tail light is LED and my bike has the same on the blinkers.
The insturments are back lit with an orange instead of green light and I can pick one of 3 intensities of brightness. The left handset has a mode switch that scrolls thru the ODO display to change that to time, lap, air temp, trip and a few other features. The Key is the same as the streetfighters with the grooves cut in the center leaving a smooth edge on the key in your hands.
The chip in the key scrambles the frequency in the ignition every time it is inserted something to do with the engine kill feature so hot wiring the bike is a lot tougher. Ducati Monster || Official Website
The termi's are louder on the 696 than the 1100 for some reason but they are both better sounding than the stock mufflers.

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official now the Ducati is a keeper.
I did about a thousand miles a year on my FZ6 average since I bought it.
I've put a thousand miles on the Ducati in less than a month.
They already sold my fazer too so the FZ6 licence plate in CA. may be available when the new owner renews it next July.

Best wishes to everyone here I'll be over on the ducatimonsterforum.:cheer:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
It's official now the Ducati is a keeper.
I did about a thousand miles a year on my FZ6 average since I bought it.
I've put a thousand miles on the Ducati in less than a month.
They already sold my fazer too so the FZ6 licence plate in CA. may be available when the new owner renews it next July.

Best wishes to everyone here I'll be over on the ducatimonsterforum.:cheer:

Just because you got a new bike doesn't mean you can't post up here anymore. I now have a Street Triple R and frequent this forum plenty. Good people here and friendly riders to meet up with.:thumbup: