New mod for the weekend

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
The rims are the stock black rims, paint? unless you mean the rim stripes, then they're just pro-grip stick on rim stripes. funny thing is i used two different sets because i re-did the rear (didn't like how it came out with a different set)... and the rear tape is reflective and the front isnt. although the color is pretty close...

as for the rearsets, Rizoma first made them in silver, then you had a choice between silver and black... now it's just black. i dont konw the year these were made because i picked them up from another forum for $350 shipped...

right now i'm contemplating getting black Rizoma racing pegs and their C/F heel guards... ugh another $100... maybe i'll just rattle can some stuff lol

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the exhaust too...you just spray them or are they black now? I'm liking the modification...where did you get those pegs and are they better than the rubber stock ones?

Nice job! :)

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I really like that exhaust too. Tell us how you did it.

the exhaust is just the stock cover painted over with PJ1 Hightemp Satin Black. Nothing special, just disassemble the rear of the bike so you can unbolt a few things then just take the cover and hit it with a few light layers of PJ1 Satin Black high temp paint (500*F i believe) and then let it dry for a day or two. it's not like you need 1000*F+ degree paint, because the stock cover (silver) doesn't get that hot.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The RIZOMA rear sets are full adjustable 8 ways of Sunday and the foot peg location is a couple of inches back to the rear compaired to the stock pegs.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They make for more aggressive body positioning, significantly more ground clearence potential, they are adjustable, they are light, and they add some bling.
________
Emili_

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool, those definatly made it onto my "List" of stuff i want to do eventually, they are going to have to fall somewhere in the middle though somewhere with fairings, exhaust, Pazzo levers, HID headlight kit, Fender eliminator, Rim Stripes, Power commander, heated grips, and now adjustable rearsets... My wife is gonna kill me...

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are []D [] []V[] []D

$350 shipped ain't bad...I thought you were holding out for all black? Make sure you save some play money for the track this summer!

unfortunately these are the "all black" version that Rizoma makes now. short of powder coating, some of the polished metal directly on the rearsets all i can change is the foot pegs and the heel guards. i'm debating whether or not to spend the money on those parts, or just find a powder coater to do them for cheap.

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
a quick glance of the 07 says not the rear set, they did however change the position of the rear brake res, so i dont know if that will affect the placement of the master cylinder and brake light switch.