2007 Brand New FZ6

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got it today. I have been riding for 4 years now. I started on a little ninja 250 and then upgraded myself to a 2004 YZF600r that i bought almost new in very early 05' with 1600 miles on it. I put 34,000 miles on that bike in the past 3 years and loved every minute of it but it was time to get a little new technology and get something new.

I did my research and found that they changed literally ALL the things that were holding me back from getting a FZ6 when they redesigned it for 2007. So i looked around and found a deal that i couldn't pass up and now i have a 2007 Blue FZ6 with 93 miles on it out in my parking lot.

My first impression is that it maintained the comfort that i was used to and gives me a little kick in the power department with a much smoother throttle response in comparison to my YZF. I now just need to wait to be able to fully see what she can do once it warms up over here in New Hampshire.

I will take some pics tomorrow since i know Forum folks love pictures and post them up then.

Good to be here and i hope to learn as much on this forum as i have on my YZF forums.:rockon:

H

HavBlue

Just got it today. I have been riding for 4 years now. I started on a little ninja 250 and then upgraded myself to a 2004 YZF600r that i bought almost new in very early 05' with 1600 miles on it. I put 34,000 miles on that bike in the past 3 years and loved every minute of it but it was time to get a little new technology and get something new.

I did my research and found that they changed literally ALL the things that were holding me back from getting a FZ6 when they redesigned it for 2007. So i looked around and found a deal that i couldn't pass up and now i have a 2007 Blue FZ6 with 93 miles on it out in my parking lot.

My first impression is that it maintained the comfort that i was used to and gives me a little kick in the power department with a much smoother throttle response in comparison to my YZF. I now just need to wait to be able to fully see what she can do once it warms up over here in New Hampshire.

I will take some pics tomorrow since i know Forum folks love pictures and post them up then.

Good to be here and i hope to learn as much on this forum as i have on my YZF forums.:rockon:

Awesome and welcome... What were the things that stopped you from buying the FZ6 back in 2004 when they were first introduced to the US? Speaking from personal experience with both the 2004 FZ6 and 2004 YZF, the FZ6 was far superior even then.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think quite simply i was still fairly new to bikes and the shop i had dealt with didn't have an FZ6 when i was shopping for a replacement for my Ninja 250. I wasn't introduced to the FZ6 until after i had my bike and i was very happy with the YZF and i will miss it tremendously.

H

HavBlue

I think quite simply i was still fairly new to bikes and the shop i had dealt with didn't have an FZ6 when i was shopping for a replacement for my Ninja 250. I wasn't introduced to the FZ6 until after i had my bike and i was very happy with the YZF and i will miss it tremendously.

I was wondering if availability may have been an issue. I totally agree with you in that the YZF is a very sweet ride. Sure, it's old school but well dialed in and very comfortable on the long haul. To me, the bike is very forgiving, smooth riding and offers a very good blend of sport and sport touring in a solid chassis. After all these years the YZF can still hold its own in terms of performance and looks. Get some miles on the FZ6 and share your thoughts about the new ride when you can finally open it up....

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well congrats on the new FZ6, you will love it, there is only one small problem with the blue color it's a little slower then the RED but you will still love it

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well congrats on the new FZ6, you will love it, there is only one small problem with the blue color it's a little slower then the RED but you will still love it

I like the blue but to tell you the truth i would have loved a red one, only thing is that all my gear is blue and i am just not ready to change all that as well.

Here is me doing a track day on my now "Old" bike...

20070713b085l.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and here is the new bike. It is going into heated storage as soon as i can get it over there but here is where it sits for now...

P1010748.jpg

P1010749.jpg

P1010750.jpg

P1010746.jpg

P1010747.jpg

J

jsteinb95

Welcome and congrats! Cool pics, except, snow=too cold for me :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is going into heated storage as soon as i can get it over there but here is where it sits for now...
Aw, C'MON MAN, the road behind it is, uh, pretty clear of snow, why you putting her away already? :p
Congrats on the new bike, and welcome! :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So how does the bike handle in the snow? Please give us a report, us members would like to know.

Well.... not sure if you can see or not but pulling into the space there the back tire did kick out a little but i was able to keep it under control seeing as i was idling. other than that i am pretty sure that i don't want to see how it actually handles in the snow.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i agree with you, in that type of weather "SNOW AND BIKES" (IN MY EYES) dont get along. But then agian what do i know about snow i ive in florida, so let some of the guys who live in the climate like you have comment. First mod that i would do if you ride in the snow are frame sliders. Can i get a AMEN!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amen!!! maybe some knobby tires but i would much rather just put it in storage and take it out when it gets a little warmer.

The coldest that i like to ride is 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

H

HavBlue

Too funny!! A while back a guy that had never seen the likes of an FZ6 asked me if it was a dirt bike conversion. This in the middle of the California desert on the way to Death Valley. Now I can't imagine an FZ6 with knobby tires but I suppose anything is possible....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking more like iceroad

There is a guy up here that had his sv650 up around 125,000 miles and rode year round. he put dual sport (semi knobby tires) on it in the winter for the snow.