First Overnight Trip

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a heck of a first trip too. Road two-up for 1034 miles. Went 400 miles from Stow, OH to my Dad's house in Woodbridge, VA on Thursday. Spent Friday riding 150 miles with my Dad around northern Virginia. Rode another 300 miles on Saturday to Morgantown, WV. We hit a couple of nice routes including a bit on Skyline Drive between 211 (awesome road!) and 340. Finished it off by heading home from Morgantown through Wheeling and taking 250W to 77. I have a new respect for those who do SS1000's on a sportbike of any sort. My fiance was a trooper, that's for sure. Longest she had gone in the past was about 175 miles down to Atwood Lake area and back. Shenandoah National Park was beautiful. Northern Virginia has some great riding as well. All in all I'm glad to be home, and I love my FZ6 even more. I've averaged 1k miles per month so far, and it still puts a smile on my face every time I test it's utility.

:rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hats off to the little woman for doing some real miles! Sounds like fun...so...

where's the pictures??

PS. Paragraphs are an easier way to read trip reports :)

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was too lazy to resize/host them, hopefully this works.

First two are the lady, next one is me all geared up on Skyline dr, then me/her at Oasis Vineyards, followed by my Dad and I stuffing our faces before entering Shenandoah, and lastly just me standing next to my bike.

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
My Dad was on his StreetGlide. Didn't get any pictures but it's a nice bike. We were all using Chatterbox and I have to say the trip would have been really rough without it. Sure theres times where it doesn't work the best, but it beats the hell out of trying to yell. I borrowed my Dad's medium propad, and even though my Corbin is pretty comfy, it made a world of difference over my small propad. Definitely one of my next purchases.