Celox Performance chip_mod

ejdtm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
Has anyone used or have any positive feedback on the Celox Performance chip/mod. thats on EBAY?
Thanks

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe this is the chip in question ("gives and extra 15+bhp"): eBay Motors: +15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 (item 200179769869 end time Dec-07-07 01:38:42 PST)

It's a load of crap! The fact that it's only $27 should be your first clue that it's garbage.

There is a good discussion thread about it over on SBN: Think this really works? - Sportbikes.net
I nearly brought one, as it works out at £13.50 the price of a round of drinks lol. All the people on SBN giving their opinion don't appear to have tried it. I am not technically minded so would be interested insome more in depth research. Dyno comparisons ect.
Thanks for the heads up though mate.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Anytime Perryn!

Yeah it's cheap enough that it's not a huge financial waste if you buy one and it does nothing. But I'd rather buy a round of drinks!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anytime Perryn!

Yeah it's cheap enough that it's not a huge financial waste if you buy one and it does nothing. But I'd rather buy a round of drinks!!!
+1 on that, I have looked at some of the car modifer sites. They all say the same thing. Pile of pis$. One of the guys on the Subaru site even took one apart to see waht was inside. Unfortunatley cause I was a guest I couldn't see the picture. The response was something along the lines of "shove and ar$e or something along those lines".

Neil

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Please, I really hope nobody wastes their money on this crap.

If it's too good to be true , it is! I don't know how these types of sales guys sleep at night...

Celox can :Flip: themselves.

ejdtm

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like no one has tried it on either site. The up to 15hp claim looks to be a blanket statement. Maybe I'll grab one and test it on my friends dyno this spring. Adding a little advance on my HD perked it up. I found another upgrade on eBAY. Its called an FZ1, but it cost $4,500

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
i highly doubt anywhere near 15hp out of a chip. think about it, its basically a universal power commander thats unadjustable. thats the only thing it can be! now how many people you know get 15hp out of a power commander alone...no one! in fact if anything this crap will change the air/fuel mix, etc and probably make the bike run like crap.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind, when it comes to mods on a well built machine like the FZ, extra HP is expensive; since the engineers' did their job providing a top notch product.

If one buys an inefficient not so well engineered machine, improvements are easy and cheap...

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't do it... it'll mess up something....

I have a similar product for my car, but it also has a turbo, and cost $400... net gain was 35hp, 55ft-lbs... but yeah... our bikes don't have turbos, and the hp/cost ratio is a little off ;)

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
or just the cams and throttle bodies....ahh okay the valves and pistons too.....yeah nevermind go with the whole motor. better yet buy a different bike...even better yet learn to wield the awsome power you have now.