Lowering footpegs

J

jondav123

Hello everyone,
I am a newbee here. I just purchased an 07 FZ6 and love it. I am now in the process of getting it (or me) to fit. I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam. The bike actually fits surprisingly well considering, but I would like a bit more legroom. Has anyone done anything with lowering the footpegs? I have seem many other applications using the Buell pegs, lowering approx. 1".

Suzuki RF900 footpeg lowering - Sport-Touring.Net

Anything like that here? I will sacrifice the inch of clearance for the comfort!

Jon

W

wrightme43

There is another option. A engine cage, with clamp on folding pegs so you have a extra set of foward pegs to let your legs rest on longer trips, and keeping your stock peg posisiton for sporty riding. Just a idea, the other I have no clue.

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
ive spent so much time trying to raise them that i feel like im in a twilight zone reading this :)....sorry

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Go easy in the turns if you do lower them, I have a bad habit of scrubbing mine in the twisties at the stock height. I haven't even cleaned the chicken strips all the way off my tires. Something to think about:thumbup:

S

sportrider

Go easy in the turns if you do lower them, I have a bad habit of scrubbing mine in the twisties at the stock height. I haven't even cleaned the chicken strips all the way off my tires. Something to think about:thumbup:

strange??? I've never dragged a peg feeler, yet my "chicken strips" on my last set of tires were gone. (rear tire the front still had 1/4 inch):confused:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
How about modify the seat hight? Though barycenter around rider will be changed little bit but, you don't have to scapegoat the lean angle at sport riding.

J

jondav123

Thanks for all of the great input. I think that I am going to try the footpegs. They are approx. $25 for the pair and then the modifications which I can do myself. I'll take some photos and post when I'm done. If I don't like that, I'll try the added seat height.

Jon:thumbup:

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be great if you can let us know if it works. Im also a tall feller and need lower foot pegs. :Sport:

J

jondav123

Done......Glad I did it!!!

I got the footpegs, made the mods, and installed them. Gives me about an extra inch or more which feels much better. Adjusted both the shifter and rear break down about a tooth also. The Buell pegs have to be machined down quite a bit and a bushing installed. Here are some photos that show the process. I can provide more details if anyone is interested.:D

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Jon - those turned out very nice.

What machining did you have to do the buell peg? Any chance of a before and after of the peg?