Long, hot day in the saddle

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
In the name of work I travelled 320 miles on the bike today. Berkshire to Dover and back. On the return leg I was aching everywhere but especially my arse! I'm a surveyor for a telecoms company and the 3 towers in the pics are my responsibility. One is rusting away and I'm overseeing the equipment being transferred to the middle one before it is demolished.

It was a really good ride but mainly motorway. My back tyre is now totally squared off! I also did my furthest ever between fuel stops - 170 miles - due to the fact I was taking it easy.

(Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't be posting this as one of the towers is owned by the USAF and leased to my company, and they're all on MoD land!!!)

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
How nice that you get to ride your motorcycle for WORK!! :thumbup:
We won't tell anyone about the pics!! But I think that middle pic with the towers in the background would be a good candidate for the Bike Of The Month contest!! :D

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I get the numb rear end when riding any great distance without a rest. My trip to work is around 100 miles each way, so usually not that numb.

I wouldn't compain about it being a hot day, we get so few in the UK and even then they only seem to be in the south of the country. I am hoping mid September may bring fair weather, since I plan to have 2 weeks to run around parts of the UK on the bike doing nothing in particular.

I'm sure the MOD are winging their way to your house now with a charge of breaching the official secrets act :D