Pics of bike with new TCP Plastics rear hugger

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after waiting almost 2 months my TCP Plastics rear hugger finally arrived. Not sure I'll do business with Twisted Throttle again (they sent it to someone in Canada first and I got that person's rear hugger for a Kawi) but at least it got here without a scratch. Here are a couple of pics.

2074133905_135c62eebf_o.jpg

2074133947_94e8a7a14d_o.jpg

Next mods, bar end mirrors and exhaust!

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful Ken!

You may have already posted this elsewhere but would you mind sharing the cost for this item?

$197 + shipping from Twisted Throttle. It's made in Europe so there is a 3 week wait for the item and then another 3 week wait if they screw up the shipping. :mad:

The color match is perfect. TCP Plastics is the Yamaha-Europe provider for all of the factory plastics. I think it off sets nicely with the black swing arm and frame.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look great, i like the shorter hugger. I took my side pods (which were all balck when i took to sticker off) and the hugger to MACCo to have them painted. I just bought the belly pan, and getting thst done next week.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my side pods (which were all balck when i took to sticker off) and the hugger to MACCo to have them painted.

I was considering this route as well. Maybe even painting the fender portion and masking the chain gurad to leave it black. Can you post a full profile pic? Mind sharing what painting the hugger set you back? Thanks.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look, but I think it would be a Bu**er to keep it clean. It's always the first thing to get mucked up, after a clean, especially in bad weather. You live in Seatle, does everything get rained clean ;)

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look, but I think it would be a Bu**er to keep it clean. It's always the first thing to get mucked up, after a clean, especially in bad weather. You live in Seatle, does everything get rained clean ;)

So far it hasn't gotten any more mucked up than the stock one did. I wipe down/clean my bike after every ride in the rain (which is pretty much daily this time of year) and just use Honda Pro Cleaner and it looks factory fresh every time!! :)

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
the Honda polish is AMAZING

Yes it is! My bike looks just like it did when it came off the showroom floor after using it. At Bike Nights people ask how the heck I keep it so clean and that I must not ride it anywhere. I ride it EVERY DAY!! Rain or shine! Then clean it after every rain ride and it's just like new again. It only takes a few minutes with that cleaner/polish to do the entire bike!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the side pods and the chain guard and hugger painted, it cost $180. The color i thougt was a perfect match, when it was done the color thay used was EVEN SWEETER. Had more metalic look, got me thinking to do the whole bike the same new Red, You know that new FASTERER color. Hey quoted me $900 to do the bike any color i want. That color he painted is so so so sweet.