My chance to go naked.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of converting my bike to some type of naked next year but after a somewhat forced date with the gravel on Friday my time is here. Bike landed on its left side. Tip of cowling is ground down, handle bar is bent, left mirror is broke, tank has some stone chips, clucth case is rashed up some, left rear pod has slight road rash and left grab handle has some rash. There is some other minor damage but those seem to be the big things. Just thought I would throw out what I have in mind and see if anyone has any suggestions for other things I should consider doing or better ways of doing what I have planned. Most of this will be depend on what I get for an estimate from my insurance company this week because I plan on using that for a budget.

Plan on using the Buell headlamps and screen that have been used by alot of others. To mount these I think I will go with some clamps and brackets from Fly-N-Cycle. The ones I see are sold separately and the clamps look like they are some type of metal but I will need to check on this. Want to use the slotted brackets so that I can mount my turn signals and possibly a bracket I come up with for speedo. I plan on doing something similar to what Antijoy did for mounting the speedo.

For bars I plan on going with the LSL Superbike bars. Going with Rhino Mount bar end mirror mounts and CRG Hindsight LS mirrors. For grips I would like to go with Rizoma LUX Billet Grips but if I am running short on funds I will go with the Rizoma Sportline Grips. Not sure what I will do for levers yet, if funds are low could go stock and upgrade in the future.

Also planning on doing the -1 front sprocket. Get some new brake pads and possible some rotors.

For paint I am thinking of going black or dark gray as the primary color with a stripe of orange or yellow down the center of the tank. Ive already talked to a buddy of mine that paints cars and will work out colors once he gets a chance to look at the bike. If I have him do a stripe down the center of the tank I will have him do rim stripes also. I will also have the radiator side covers painted black.

So thanks for reading and any thoughts, tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.