Touring Windscreen for the '07

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone use the +2.5" touring fairing that Yamaha has? If so, can you describe what areas are covered, and what are still in the wind?

Any other screens that people are using for the '07?

Thanks

W

wrightme43

I am waiting for delievery of that windshield and will post results as soon as I have it.
The stock screen is very nice in a tuck right now.
Understand I coming from a ninja 250 with a double bubble. It wasnt much help but it was better than the stock screen. So generally what I think is great is only compared to a ninja 250.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gdubya

Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon post up how that screen worked. Haven't seena review of the 07 touring screen anywhere

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am waiting for delivery of that windshield and will post results as soon as I have it.
Same here. I still haven't taken my bike out on the Interstate yet, even on Riverdale Road I got a pretty good blast at 45 mph (note: I'm 6' 5" and too old to crouch :D ).

Reaction score
Visit site
So far (it's still raining, and I ain't riding), the stock screen may be a bit low, but at least my head is in clean air, and my hemet isn't being kicked around. It would be nice (Ithink) to have something a little taller and maybe a bit wider for extended trips. I've looked at Yamaha FZ6 Windshields Looks intersting, and no, I'm not givng any endorsement. All I know is what I found on their website. It does look like it may fit the bill for those that want more wind protection. Just like 'Botch', I'm past the crouching, boy racer, wannabe age, thank goodness. Nothing left to prove... or care to. I like the FZ6 becuase my weight is where i sit, and not on my wrists (been there, done that). Nothing personal, and no offense meant.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone use the +2.5" touring fairing that Yamaha has? If so, can you describe what areas are covered, and what are still in the wind?

Any other screens that people are using for the '07?

Thanks

Is this what we are talking about or is it something else.

Steve

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
Huh, old thread ...

Here are some pictures of the puig racing and the yamaha touring to compare. Pictures

With the Yamaha touring I almost have no wind pressure but some small turbulences.
With the PUIG I have less turbulences but still some (but OK) wind pressure on the top part of the shoulders.

BR Robert

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
Huh, old thread ...

Here are some pictures of the puig racing and the yamaha touring to compare. Pictures

With the Yamaha touring I almost have no wind pressure but some small turbulences.
With the PUIG I have less turbulences but still some (but OK) wind pressure on the top part of the shoulders.

BR Robert
i like the pics with the different windscreens and the hand guards. I want to do this mod. How much do the hand guards help with cold weather wind?

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 24" Cee B. but it's still not enough for cold weather. I'm 6' 4". It's currently in the New Plastic Shop I found here in town. They specialize in lexan, plexi, etc. I made a mold out of poster board and took it in today. It may be done tomorrow. Basically it follows the Cee B. shape but adds 2.5 - 4 inches adjustable with velcro. I don't know if will work but for $30 it's worth it. I told him that this Forum has 8900+ members and a lot of them have the Cee screen. He currently doesn't have a website but it's in the works. I hope mine turns out good so I can be the 1st to go higher!!! I know the purists think I'm crazy but I HATE HOT weather and hope to ride in the cooler temps without the wind on my head and face.

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
i like the pics with the different windscreens and the hand guards. I want to do this mod. How much do the hand guards help with cold weather wind?

In the winter the hand guards are really helpful. You can drive longer before you get cold hands. Really worth the money. In summer I drive without it.

BR Robert

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Willard, I think I posted these pics in another thread!!
Still a work in progress. Stops almost ALL the wind at the helmet level.

FZ6_Tengu

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Puig touring screen and I notice a little difference over stock in that I have to tuck a little less, but that is about it. Would like something a little taller as the wind noise at 75+ get pretty bad but I haven't found much.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 24" Cee B. but it's still not enough for cold weather. I'm 6' 4". It's currently in the New Plastic Shop I found here in town. They specialize in lexan, plexi, etc. I made a mold out of poster board and took it in today. It may be done tomorrow. Basically it follows the Cee B. shape but adds 2.5 - 4 inches adjustable with velcro. I don't know if will work but for $30 it's worth it. I told him that this Forum has 8900+ members and a lot of them have the Cee screen. He currently doesn't have a website but it's in the works. I hope mine turns out good so I can be the 1st to go higher!!! I know the purists think I'm crazy but I HATE HOT weather and hope to ride in the cooler temps without the wind on my head and face.
I would LOVE a decent screen that has a proper flip at the top. I have the MRA flip at the moment and it's much much better than the stock, the chopped stock and the Puig racing. I just wish it was 6 inches higher with the same or bigger flip! :(

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had to do a double take on this one due to the OP of this thread.
Keep on riding............