Tires

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to get a good set of tires. Looking for a set that are soft compound or a tire that will stick to the pavement with little or allmost no slip.

S

sportrider

I recommend Michelin Pilot Powers.

they have the sportrider_fz6 seal of approval!!!:thumbup:

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
for what? track riding or street...
for street any of the top brands are tried and prven good (metzeler M3, michelin PP, dunlop qualifier, diablo corsa/corsaIII, bridgestone BT-002RS)

for the track bridgestone BT-002 pro, pirelli diablo supercorsa, pirelli dragon corsa, michelin power race, dunlop 208GP, (all DOT race, not slicks)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm kinda partial to the Metz M3... I haven't used them on my FZ yet but I have on my other bikes and love em'!

I am running them on my FZ now and I like them so far. This is my first streetbike. ( I came from the dirt world) and the tires seem to hold very well and let a novice like myself get pretty low from time to time.

-bryan

W

wrightme43

Michelin Power Race

These tires? If so it is highly reccomended that you do not run race tires on the street.
To get them to operating temps on the street, requires the bike to run way past the safety margin. They are not designed for repeated heat cycling, they do not have the most effective rain grooves, the list goes on.

Race tires are for race tracks. The street is not a race track, it is more dangerous, more unpredictable, and much more variable.

Please research why I am saying this. If you do, I hope you will come to see why it is not the best idea.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
If I understand all the info re: Michelin Pilot Powers vs Pilot Roads, the basic (simple) difference between the two (if used exclusively as street tires) is that the PP's are bit more 'sticky', but wear faster and are not quite as good in the wet as the PR's? Is that a fair comment? :)

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
oh my bad. but i actually ride with some very seasond guys who do use PR take-off on the street with good results. but he does strictly backroads type stuff and really knows what he is doing.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
PP's are bit more 'sticky', but wear faster and are not quite as good in the wet as the PR's?

I doubt they would work better in the rain but may be wrong...they may be better at shedding water but stickiness goes a long way. Let's just say I rather run PPs at a wet track day than PRoadss...I've even heard of club racers using PPower2CTs as rain day race tires.
________
Easy vape portable review

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend Bridgestone BT014. It has some of good barance between life-time and grip. Also, it doesn't rely so much on temperture as high-grip tire and, easy to control at the moment of rear tire slide.

By the way, how much air pressure do you recommend? Now normal pressure is F: 225kPa R: 250kPa. I think front tire pressure is little hard for sticky one at tropical summer. Please tel me your recommendation.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what i am looking for is a good set of tires for everyday use, but also being able to stick better on turns. Not raceing tires, but a good tire and sticky so when we go to the GAp in the spring i will be set for those twist and turn.

W

wrightme43

Avon Storm ST.
Avon Tyres Ltd - tyres .

These are a sticky high milage tire. I have not read yet about anybody who put on Avon tires and was unhappy with them. I have been very impressed with mine so far. They are much better than the stock battle ax and I liked that tire.

I had a set of Super Venoms on my ninja 250. It was like night and day from the stock tire.

My opinons, I weight value on miles traveled. I know they are not up the performance of a PP, or Diablo, or any of the super high performance tires. I am not going to push into that area on the street, the consquences are too high. These will last longer though, and they are designed for rain travel as well.

Good tires are important no matter what.

H

HavBlue

I switched to the Conti Road Attacks and ain't going back to Dunlop or Michelin.
Got them both for $219.00 shipped to the house. Very forgiving tire, deeper tread depth, warm up quick and the chassis loves them....

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorbike Tire Test 2007

Here is the motorbike tire test 2007 from the (German) Motorrad motorcycle magazine.

I had posted the German version on another thread with translations but I think this one reads easier.

I made it using GO2PDF thats why it has links on every page.

I ordered my Pilot road 2's on Saturday and they will be fitted on Wednesday.

I would once again like to thank Mirko (mSunder) for checking my translation.

Last edited:

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
wow thats the only test of tires ive ever seen that i could agree with. ive seen some that rated DOT race tires as worse for grip than PP's, qualifiers, etc...