Lack of power when it is wet on a S2

kalli

In the middle of the pond
Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to post this trouble on a different Forum and have not had any reply.
I have a FZS Fazer S2 2007 with about 700 miles on it.
When it is raining the bike seem to sort of lose its power and when I try to rev it (overtaking for etc.) I don't get any response it just behaves like an 250 bike or something.
It is not rough though and everything seems to be fine and the bike reports no errors when hooked up with a diagnostics computer.
The dealer has already chanced the Throttle Body Sensor with no luck.
Any ideas?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to post this trouble on a different Forum and have not had any reply.
I have a FZS Fazer S2 2007 with about 700 miles on it.
When it is raining the bike seem to sort of lose its power and when I try to rev it (overtaking for etc.) I don't get any response it just behaves like an 250 bike or something.
It is not rough though and everything seems to be fine and the bike reports no errors when hooked up with a diagnostics computer.
The dealer has already chanced the Throttle Body Sensor with no luck.
Any ideas?
An old yamaha of mine used to hate the wet. It was a twin. The problem was a hairline crack in one of the coils. It never caused it to run rough, just lose power.

I hope you get it sorted
Neil

W

wrightme43

Check plug wires, and like Perry said coils, and power supply to the coils. Your bike is bleeding off either 12v power to one or both coils, or high volt power to one of the plugs.

H

HavBlue

Just a thought: Water or the induction of water into any electrical system will generally cause major problems as the two don't mix. Moisture may cause a short or laps in the pulse generated by a coil or any transfer of voltage to a link to a plug but thinking that it will cause no interruption and only a loss in voltage is reaching as the loss would have to be associated with an increase in resistance that was linear and equal. Having said this, a loss in voltage will cause a plug or plugs to fire cooler and a loss of power could be associated with this but again, water having anything to do with the loss would generally bring other malfunctions with it like a misfire, rough idle, hesitation or even hard starting.

Here's one for you: rider complains the bike is loosing power in the wet but that same rider forgot to mention that in the wet their inputs were far less aggressive hence the reason it was perceived as a loss of power. In fact, it was just the rider being smart and riding safe for the conditions.

kalli

In the middle of the pond
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your input guys. The dealer took the bike back to try to fix the problem on Friday. It is quite Icy here in the moment so I am not riding anyway. I will post the the reason for the problem if they find it. The worst case is that they will have to give me new bike but the problem with that is that Yamaha does not make the fast(red) ones anymore. Probably because they are not so good when it's raining. :confused: