Winter Wonderland Ride?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How many of us ride out during the bitter cold vs. putting the bike in storage awaiting next spring. If you ride during the cold (except in snow) what do you use to keep warm.

I'm new to two wheeling but so far I'm still riding even though my Harley coworker called it quits, LOL. I have a Revi't mesh with rain liner, with fleece and thermals I'm good to go. Oxstar shoes also helps. I have leather gauntlets and installed hand guards for windproofing. It helps a little, but when it's cold, it's just cold. I'm looking at heated vest, what's your take on winter ride?:Lurking:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like you, this is my first winter riding, and I'm experimenting as I go. Long johns under jeans are great; thick socks under (like you) Oxtars are great, and I've got some nice warm Olympia gloves; the problem I've had was (riding to work last Wednesday morning, 22 F) was my faceshield kept fogging up, and with a couple miles to go to get to work it iced up completely, so I had to open it and drive with the wind in my face; won't do that again!
I got a couple good hints in another thread, and I'm still experimenting. :)