Lokking for taller windshield!!

C

catfishfz6

Hey Everyone, great site! I just joined a day ago.
I have an 06 fz6 and am wanting a tall touring windshield. I have the tall yamaha shield and its ok but I saw the thread on the calsci and loved it but saw it's not available for 06 and before. Anybody know where I can get a tall shield like the calsci, around 8 inches taller than stock. Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks Tim

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard.

Maybe worth a shot but why don't you try contacting CalSci and tell them what you want. Nothing ventured.... you know. I have the 8+ CalSci on my '07 and I love it during long rides or now during the cold season.:Sport:

C

catfishfz6

Thanks for the reply, I talked to the guy at Gustaffson plastics today and they make a windshield 8 inches taller than stock for 04 to 06 fz6, and they have a photo on their site. This is what I'm looking for!!!!!!

Ride On!!
Tim

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
California Scientific website has a nice pix of their windshield on the FZ6. Or look for it at this thread.....bottom of page 11, pix of my baby with 8+ CalSci windshield. Work great for me and other riders.
click here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/new-member-section/87-fz6-riders-show-us-your-baby.html

that bike looks nice!! didn't think those knuckle/hand guards could look good on this bike but yours are really unobtrusive!! :) Nice looking bike!

As for the windscreen...its pretty pricey but i'm sure you will say its worth the money? I'll need to get a taller screen...i'm very prone to getting sick when wind hits my chest!! damn weak lungs!! :p

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that bike looks nice!! didn't think those knuckle/hand guards could look good on this bike but yours are really unobtrusive!! :) Nice looking bike!

As for the windscreen...its pretty pricey but i'm sure you will say its worth the money? I'll need to get a taller screen...i'm very prone to getting sick when wind hits my chest!! damn weak lungs!! :p

Thanks. As for the handguards they worked well until the winter hit, then it was time to storage. The CalSci windshields are expensive but it worked well for me.
I no longer worry about the windblast or the sudden head jerk when looking to pass or change lanes.