MICHELIN Pilot Power 2CT Street Motorcycle Tires FRONT 120/70ZR-17

$127.98

Subtotal: $292.96

Not bad at all.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I used this sale to finally get a Pilot Power 2CT for the front so I'm running a matched pair now. I'm really glad that I got the tire and at $119.99 from my local Cycle Gear it was a great buy.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at the wrong tires, I think I'm wanting the Pilot Road 2. The Powers seem to be a higher performance at the sake of longevity. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong. Michelin calls the Power a ultra performance track day tire that is comfortable at home, and the Road a sport touring tire.

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site
I used this sale to finally get a Pilot Power 2CT for the front so I'm running a matched pair now. I'm really glad that I got the tire and at $119.99 from my local Cycle Gear it was a great buy.

How many miles do you think you'll get out of the CT's? I am still up in the air between the Power and Road ones. My driving is mostly highway and country roads.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 6000 miles on a Pilot Power 2CT rear, and it's wearing great. I'm hoping for around 10000 miles out of it. My commute is 5 miles each way on city streets, so I don't run long stretches of highway at speed on a regular basis. I go for pretty long rides in the canyons on the weekend, but very little freeway riding.

I just put the front on and hope for similar wear. I think my next rear will be a pilot road as I want to do some touring when the weather cools down.

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
How many miles do you think you'll get out of the CT's? I am still up in the air between the Power and Road ones. My driving is mostly highway and country roads.

I would go with the Pilot Road's. I've had the Pilot powers and I LOVE them, but they just don't last. I've never got more than 3500 miles out of the rear. I run them till they're bald too....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang good prices. A lot better than what my dealer was quoting me for. Needing to conserve money at the moment, and this bike is eating up all my spare cash every time I turn around. Good thing is a local shop is getting a pair of BT021s for me for only $219 total! Gotta love competitive pricing :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm the proud owner of a new (will mount later) pair of Bridgestone BT 016's. Cycle Gear knicked me for $264.00 for the pair (includes tax and CA tire disposal fee). I'll have CG (no DIY plans on this project) mount them later. I still have my stock BT-020's with plenty of tread at 12K miles. CG will mount them at $20 each instead of $30 each since I bought through them. Incidentally, these tires are even cheaper though Southwest Moto ( Southwest Moto Tires ). But, when you factor in that CG charges a little more ($30 each) to mount tires not purchased through them the total cost difference ($15) is nothing to lose sleep over. BTW, I almost bought, instead, Pirelli "Diablos" at $180 a pair (plus tax/disposal fee) that CG had stacked up on display in the front of the Sacramento CG superstore.