Oggies FTW!

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
What did I learn yesterday? Oggie Knobs are essential equipment.

Embarrassing…… I did a hill start yesterday morning on the way to work onto a usually busy road. There was actually nothing coming and nothing waiting behind me so I don’t really have an excuse but I stalled the bike. Of course when I put my left foot down it was too far forward and because of the incline and the way I was already leaning over to go left the bike was going over. It was all in slow motion but I just couldn’t hold it in the end. I did manage to hold on enough just to place it on the ground the whole time thinking of that bit in Saving Private Ryan when German soldier every-so-slowly stabs the Italian guy through the heart.

Aaaanyway, I readjust and pick the bike up dreading the scratching I would find and see the following.

1) 1 small scratch out of the rim of the left Oggy Knob
2) 1 shallow scratch down my left mirror
3) Nothing else

I reckon they just paid for themselves 5 times over!

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL, i have actually seen this happen. Although the difference was that there was a Porsche 911 (mid 70's) behind the guy. Of course the Porsche was way to close, especially for as steep of a hill we were on. The guy under-revved his bike and didnt slip the clutch (still a new rider) and ended up freaking out and the the bike went back and fell upon the hood (or rather trunk for a Porsche) :eek:and both the biker and the cager just looked at eachother. I was about to get out of there, you dont mess with Porsches, lol. The bike wasnt dammaged, but the Porsche had about 9500 worth of front end damage (handle bars even punched through the metal trunk).

Interest day, thats all i can say :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had 2 spills on an FZ6, fortuneatly, both bikes had Oggy Knobs, and both times, these invaluable little items, prevented a huge amount of damage...

Would suggest also getting fork & Axle sliders...in one of my spills, the base of my front forks were a bit damaged, and if i had fork sliders, this damage would of been avoided.

These items have saved me thousands already.....Also suggest getting some engine guards, to go over your engine cases, these are similar in price to oggy knobs, and whilst they would get trashed in a slide, at least your real engine covers, might not get cracked, or holed.

One of these things saved my bikes engine in one of these accidents....

Glad the bike is ok.....and dont stress, i reckon we have done something like this at least once...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My recent was even dopier - and I got hurt. Such a noob and embarrassing thing to do and THEN have to own up to it! :tard:

:thumbup: for posting.

You dont have to be a noob! Can happen to anyone in a moment of "vagueness"....

:thumbup:

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
I think these little spills are there to remind us that its a big bad dangerous world out there and you can't let your guard slip.