Wow! I'm the first here?

J

joyfulgirl

Uh........ hello??? :Echo Echo Echo:
Nobody here? :Echo Echo Echo:

I get to be the first lady of the FZ6 forum? NEAT! :D

Here's Scarlett, my VERY first bike:
DSC08957.jpg

She's been a part of our family for not quite 7 hours! Woot!

See ya,
Sherri

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

Well I am not a girl but I think I can at least say Congratulations and that is a very pretty bike.

Now you just need to round up all the women you see with a FZ6 and get them to sign up. LOL

Your husband has a FJR right?
So I am pretty sure you all are all geared up.
If not a very good selling point on protective gear. Imagine someone has a belt sander with 40 grit paper on it. They get to come at you and put it on your body anywhere they want.
I didnt like road rash on a skateboard, I dont want to find out about 70 mph rash.
If I just wasted my time because you already have it. GREAT!!!!
If not I hope it helps.

J

joyfulgirl

Oh, I definitely have all the gear. This picture was just after I got home from driving the car from the dealership. We don't ride anywhere without all the gear. Even on my inaugural trip on my new baby around the block, I got all suited up.

I am with you - no need for road rash! Ouch! You didn't waste your time. Hopefully some of those people I see on the road riding in shorts, sneakers and t-shirts will read this post and realize the risk they are taking.

Thanks for the Congrats! Can you believe it's raining here today??? That's just not fair!

Sherri

J

joyfulgirl

Bren,
Lurking out there, were ya? :D

Thanks! Did you post a pic of your FZ6? I'll go look on that thread!

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
First Girl

Yeah Bren was the first Girl on the site.. now there is two..... Welcome to the site!!....

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

I did indeed post a picture of my precious to the photo gallery. And there's more to come when I get some mods done.

Can't wait for the weekend to come. Should be +15 degrees and sunny then! :cool: For the last week or two it has been around zero, so you can guess that I haven't been on the road much.

fazter6

Reaction score
Visit site
More Ladies than you know.

I joined April 18, so does that make THREE. I ride the faster SILVER bike. I know it's faster because my license plate says so "FaZter6". ha ha

I live in Northern California/Bay Area. Where does everyone else ride?

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am not a girl but I think I can at least say Congratulations and that is a very pretty bike.

Now you just need to round up all the women you see with a FZ6 and get them to sign up. LOL

Your husband has a FJR right?
So I am pretty sure you all are all geared up.
If not a very good selling point on protective gear. Imagine someone has a belt sander with 40 grit paper on it. They get to come at you and put it on your body anywhere they want.
I didnt like road rash on a skateboard, I dont want to find out about 70 mph rash.
If I just wasted my time because you already have it. GREAT!!!!
If not I hope it helps.

Yep...Sherri has all the gear and some extra too. Here she is dressed up to ride:
DSC08976.jpg

I like this photo :):cool:

SherriWheelies.jpg

W

wrightme43

I like this photo
LOL
You guys sure have some big bushes out there. LOL

fazter6

Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta love PhotoShop???

I'm assuming that's a Photoshop special, I hope. Otherwise, you got me beat.

Here is a picture of me and my best friend and riding partner Von. She rides the slower Blue one.

J

joyfulgirl

I'm assuming that's a Photoshop special, I hope. Otherwise, you got me beat.

Here is a picture of me and my best friend and riding partner Von. She rides the slower Blue one.

Definitely a Photoshop special! I forget who posted it! If I ever ride like that, someone should take away the keys! :eek: Even if it happens accidentally!

J

joyfulgirl

so, how do you like it now?

The bike? She looks great. Haven't been on her for a week. Waiting for the custom shock to come in so we can lower her a bit. My legs are too short to stand flat-footed. I will feel safer when the bike is lowered.

She rides nice though. :)

fazter6

Reaction score
Visit site
Seat Height

What is flat-footed? I'm 5'2" and I'm lucky if I can get one toe down. I have a custom Corbin seat that allows me to sorta touch the ground. I want a 33" inseam in my next life!! But, once the bike is moving it doesn't matter how tall you are. Plus I'm pretty good at not coming to a complete stop at stop signs. Luckily, the bike is so well balanced that I can do that.

J

joyfulgirl

Yes, I believe a 33" inseam would do the trick!

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I have only just taken the MSF course - which was my first time riding a motorcycle. 3 days later, we brought home the FZ6. Riding is fine. At one point on our street, I was stopped and tried to push the bike forward on the smallest incline (toward the middle of the street, which is slightly crowned for run off). I could not do it. I just didn't have the leverage because I was standing on the balls of my feet. The bike would not budge a millimeter. I didn't like it. Hubby decided to order the shock for me. I hope it works out like I hope.

How long have you been riding?

Sherri

fazter6

Reaction score
Visit site
more on leg length

Wow, picking the FZ as your first bike. Most people start off with a 250cc or 500cc. I've been riding since I was 13 (that's 38 years, OUCH). I started riding dirt bikes with my older sister's boyfriend, then bought my first bike at 16: a Yamaha 125 street legal dirt bike for $200. Commuted to school and work for 2 years and then bought a Honda 125 street bike. Not as much fun as the dirt bike, but a smoother ride. Took 10 years off to raise a couple of kids and then bought a Yamaha Virago 535. Got the cruizer cuz I could tough the ground. But I got bored with cuizers and switched to sportbikes. The FZ is by far the best one I've had although I love my Suzuki SV650 for the track.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I started out quite like Sherri did.

FZ6 is my first bike too. I had to go to a driving school and pass the examination to get the licence to drive a motorcycle, even when I had the licence to drive a car. That got me some 15 hours (lessons) of driving and then I was on my own. So, no experience of motorcycles or mopeds or such before that.

I then had the opportunity to use my friends bike for a week. But in truth it was the third day of that week that I bought mine. I was so excited and nervous (and proud of myself :eek: ) when I finally had the keys in my hand and the bike was actually mine.

This happend last July so this is my second year now. Got a lot of learning to do.

Y

YamahaGenuineParts.com

New FZ6

Well Sherri, I would also like to say welcome,and your bike definitely suits ya.
Just remember, Glossy side up, Rubber side down...enjoy !

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Steph, I just joined, but I've had my FZ for a year now. I have a blue 2005. It's great that there is a place for ladies too!