Bridgestone BT021 v. Pirelli Diablo Strada

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was all set on ordering some Bridgestone Battlax BT021 tires when my local independent shop told me he had a sale on the Pirelli Diablo Strata tires. The Diablo Strata's would be $185 mounted!!

Has anyone had the BT021 and the Diablo Strada's? I have had Pirelli tires before and liked them, although they never lasted as long as I thought they should have.

I have also had good luck with the Battlax series on previous bikes, and have heard great things about the BT021 tires.

Is it worth going with the Diablo Stradas to save $70 over the BT021? The local shop will mount my tires for free if I buy from him, which saves $20 per tire over the dealer for mounting. Obviously I have to bring the rims in off the bike.

Thoughts/opinions?

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
I had Pirreli Diablo II's on an R6 once and loved them. The few times I found the clear to take some tight turns they felt very safe. Always entered turns smoothly and needed little input to stay there. I've got Bridgestones now, not sure of the model, but I feel i have to work a little harder to stay in a turn. It's obvious the Bridges have a rounder profile on the front than the Pirrelis. That being said, I'm also talking two different bikes here. I'm pretty sure the rear Pirelli got 8k miles or so, not riding really hard. The front was still on when i sold it 15k later but I ride highways a lot which I'm sure helped them last.

I'm sure they're both great tires... personally I'd save the $40.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Both tires are good but I would pick pirelli diablo strada all day. No question in my book. I had both and strada gave me more feedback on the road, I don't need to check tire pressure every week or so and always had put air in the tires when I had bt021's, stradas grip better and give you more confident ride when you are on them. I will NOT get any other tire but PIRELLI DIABLO STRADAS, as long as I own my FZ6. I have spent countless hours in research and man am I happy with my decision. Before I get anything I research crap out it before making final decision.
I hope you pick diablos and you will understand what am saying.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok... I have the stradas. I just looked and they have about 6k miles on them. They hold the road great. as for rain grip, i dont ride much wet, but the few times i did they seem to work very well.. drive for the conditions though... I dunno if you had a chance to look at this tire to see the slight V in it. if i got you a picture of my tire now, the V is gone and it looks more like a regular tire. I expect to get at least another 2K to 4K miles before i have to think of changing them.. and they probably will do more. If you want a picture of my rear for reference let me know. I dont do burnouts and such, just ridding, so it will give you a good idea of what it might look like for longevety purposes...

and my final word - I would buy another set in and have no remorse

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok... I have the stradas. I just looked and they have about 6k miles on them. They hold the road great. as for rain grip, i dont ride much wet, but the few times i did they seem to work very well.. drive for the conditions though... I dunno if you had a chance to look at this tire to see the slight V in it. if i got you a picture of my tire now, the V is gone and it looks more like a regular tire. I expect to get at least another 2K to 4K miles before i have to think of changing them.. and they probably will do more. If you want a picture of my rear for reference let me know. I dont do burnouts and such, just ridding, so it will give you a good idea of what it might look like for longevety purposes...

and my final word - I would buy another set in and have no remorse

If you could post a picture, that would be great! I can not wait to get rid of the stock Dunlop D252's!!:rockon: