New winter gear

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its that time of year.... My birthdate. The day when my wife goes overboard and showers me with gifts... Well this year I got some new cold weather riding gear and I thought I would pass along my opinions. First is the jacket. Its a Firstgear Kilimanjaro 4.0. The thing is comfy and warm. Almost too warm. I had to stop wearing long sleeve shirts. It has a zip out liner which is a decent jacket by it self. good pockets and ventilation. It has full armor and is waterproof.
Next are the pants. They are Firstgear HT overpants 2.0. Despite what the name sounds like, they are insulated, waterproof pants. They have armor and a zip out liner. The cuffs have good adjustment and they zip up the side to mid thigh.
Today, I ran both through the ringer. It was cold (35) and the road was wet. I stayed warm, to the point I had to open vents. I went ahead and declined on testing the armor. I'll just assume it works and try my best not to use it. Well I hope some find this useful. Sorry its so long winded.

Jason

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like good gear! No better test than the real deal :thumbup:

Thanks for your impressions. I am sure it will get much colder there. Let us know if you find the temperature at which this gear no longer cuts the mustard. ;)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Jason. Firstgear is one of the few manufacturers who offer Tall sizes, glad to hear a positive review on their stuff. :thumbup: