Festivals

Mark85

Hairy Faced Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you go to any of the UK music festivals, and if so, do you ride down there of take another method of transport?

I went to Donnington (or "Download" if you're that way inclined) this year, but couldn't ride down as I'd only passed my test the day before and hadn't picked up the bike yet. I'm thinking of going to Sonisphere in Knebworth park at the start of august. I live just outside bradford, so it's about 160 miles to get there.

Does anybody have any tips for me? I'm only staying there the saturday night, and riding back after the bands on sunday. There's a tent already there for me, so all I really need to take is a spare pair of grundigs and a t-shirt

Cheers
Mark

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally would take the car to anything like this, save the bike for bike rallies.

At a normal festival could see people messing with the bike, and you may have to park it in the car park where you won't see it again until you go home.

If you ain't done a bike rally they are way better than just a music festival, next year look out for the Farmyard Party in North Yorkshire, this is a brilliant event with music, comedians, and lots of bear.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Take a puck to put under the sidestand and pack a stretchy net thing (you can get from any bike shop) in case you take back more than you arrived with!

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As you mentioned other forms of transport, there are direct trains from both Leeds and Bradford to Stevenage, and the promoters are offering a free bus service from the station to the venue and back.

Be warned by a local; the usual traffic plan involves a long walk back to your unguarded vehicle. I don't know if it's the same places this year but normally vehicles aren't allowed on site, and leaving the area even on a bike is a nightmare.

If you want any local info just give me a shout. :thumbup:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this post is a tad late for this year, but Glastonbury had a special area to park motorbikes and there were loads of people that rode down.

The good thing is you wont get caught in the traffic going to and from the site regardless of the festival.

The bad thing, you might be knacked when you leave and filtering with a load of knacked/half cut cagers is not a thing.

I cheated and got a lift with someone else, so slept in the back all the way home :D