Scorpions

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my SCORPIONS today (see pic below). I am not a mech, so i am haveing them installed. They are charging me $125.00, so thats cool with me. I will post some pic's after its done. I will try to do some sound but not sure how to put the sound attached (any ideas). I am looking foward to tomorrow.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I Need Help

OK, rather then going to have someone else do the install, i did or i should say tring to do it on my own. I took everything off and the next step is to out it all together. So the question is.........HOW DO I PUT THE NEW ONE'S ON, any hints????

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the write-up on the Leo-Vince install.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/1749-leo-vince-2.html
The dissasembly of the OEM bits will be the same and you'll work out where the new bits go.

Regarding the disassembly, the main focus is getting the plastic, silver exhaust cover off and then you can see where to unbolt the OEM muffler. I think the Scorpion kit gives you a new 'hanger' for the tail-light.

Good luck and be sure to post some pics!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

Ok, its done about 2 1/2 hours. Scorpion should send EAR PLUGS with the cans. WOW, its loud. How do I tape the sound to post it on here.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I look forward to the sound byte but i always find internet exhaust sounds lackluster. Does anyone know if our bikes sound similar to the R6 with a comparable exhaust?

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
sound

the sound on the internet is ok, but the pipes sound even better in person.
type in "FZ6 scorpion exhaust" when on you tube. look for

"yamaha fz6 scorpion exhaust by hakan" . very close to real.

also

"2005 Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Exhaust sound test".

these will get you as close to the real thing as your gona get!!

i installed mine friday!
Can't imagine not having them!!

"Pipecity.com"
is the cheapest i found.

$446.00 shipped.

other places were cheaper till they added shipping, handeling and some charged tax.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, its done about 2 1/2 hours. Scorpion should send EAR PLUGS with the cans. WOW, its loud. How do I tape the sound to post it on here.

Nice one !!!

Glad you didn't waste the $125 on getting them fitted ... much more pleasing when you're looking at your own work ;)

Now get out and scare the neighbours :thumbup:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I've got them pre-fitted on mine. I can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday so I can try them with the baffles out.

2253058618_ef13acfc95.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn those things are sexy, i am still partial to the carbon exhausts, but cost will be a big factor when i get ready to do it. those are a good looking set though.

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got them pre-fitted on mine. I can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday so I can try them with the baffles out.

I fitted a set late last year. Sound is great with baffles in, but when I tried them with the baffles out it was just louder - no snap-crackle-pop or anything else different.