Washing Our Bikes

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Florida we have those WASH IT YOURSELF, where you put in $3 in quaterers and then high pressure soap, then scub, then rinse. My question is......., If i ride my bike there, will i cause damage to the bike if I hose the bike when it's hot. Not sure and maybe someone can help me.

(as u all know i can't spell)

W

wrightme43

Not really from the heat as far as I know. The bike seems to take being rode down the road at 80mph in the dry to a pouring rain storm with out breaking. So I believe it will be fine with getting washed hot.
Be very careful not to blast water in past your fork seals, your sealed bearings on the front fork, in the sealed bearings on the rear, into your swing arm pivot, and your steering head bearings.

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
You will be fine. I've done it before and wondered the same thing the first time i wash my bike, but its A-OK :) :thumbup: just something i would reccomend is to bring a small can of WD-40 and give a few small squirts to your chain. I've broken a few chains off my bicycles and it hurts to fall off a bicycle, imagine a motorcycle lol. Now i take no chances... Ride safe:Sport:

B

Bo67

I wouldn't worry about the temp too much (hot engine, cooler water). Personally though, I never use the car wash for my bike. That water is coming out at a very high pressure and I'd worry about getting water in electrical connectors and stuff like that. I'm probably being over-cautious by saying this but just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in. Besides, if I washed my bike right now the water would just freeze up;)

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when i wash it i know where not to go and where to go, so where i go is not where i should rather then shouldnt.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, forget my last repy, my brain had a fart. what i meant was, i wash the parts that are dirty knowing that the delicate areas (ball joint, sprrd odo, and other ares. I clean those with a wash cloth. As far as the pres wash rims, engine, headers, etc...
i hope that clears things up