04 Fazer with SW Motech rack question

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '04 Fazer and I want to get the givi v35 plx cases on my bike.

Does anyone know if the sw motech quicklock removable pannier rack works on the 04 model? After reading things here I've started to get worried that it will only work on the later 07+ models and that there must be some differences in the rear of the newer fz6's, although I can't tell what the differences are.

I have a cheap top box rack on the bike at the moment that doesn't interfere with any of the mounting points that I can see are needed for the pannier system. So that will stay on the bike if it fits together ok.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be willing to pay a gazillion imaginary pounds!

Thanks

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but since they mount using the passenger peg brackets I'm going to guess the 04-06 and 07+ models are different. I have the Motech top rack on my 08 and it mounts using the bolts that hold the passenger peg bracket on which the 04-06 don't have since they're welded on.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, thanks for that reply! I didn't realise about the new mounting point on the newer models - I really wanted the plx cases as they fit so well to the fazer! Ahwell.. back to the drawing board.

Thanks again

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
When I bought my Motech racks, it came with plates for both the new style and old style footpegs.

So I think it will work just fine.

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
Experience beats wild guesses every time. :) Thanks Fred. :thumbup:

I just need to come up with the money to get my own side racks. I love the topcase.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Brilliant - thanks Fred! I will go armed with that info to some of the suppliers and see if I can get the rack with the older mount plates. It'll make a huge difference to my weekends out on the bike having luggage space!

This is a long shot but do you know the particular motech rack you got? Where you got it from or a product number or something?

Any of that would be really useful!

Cheers again.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
As info incase anyone finds this thread searching for givi35's on a swmotech rack with a pre 07+ model should be aware that the swmotech quick release doesn't fit the 04 afterall... I emailed motech to double check. :(

Thanks for the optimism though - would've been a great treat!