What kind of gas are you using?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
even though i knew that it wasnt doing any difference i was using 94 octane sunoco gas on my old vstrom all the time,,,,i was wondering what kind of gas do you guys use on your FZ6,,,,i filled my first tank with the same 94 octane form sunoco ,,i dont know if it makes any difference performancewise on FZ6....

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
grrrr :mad: even a simple "gas" word search turned up with no matches on the entire forum ! so thats why i started this thread,,sorry about the repeat and thanks for the old thread links,,,now i know everything i wanted to know :) i will probably start using 89 from now on!

S

sportrider

I'm still on 87 used to run high test but felt no difference, no decrease in mileage or performance. just an increase in the money in my wallet.

when using the search try wording it another way. it helps me. (that and I know most of the threads on the forum)

B

bluenova

89? 87?

In Europe we have 95 or 98. I run 98 because my garage told me that in the long run it's cheaper because it's more efficiant than the 95. No idea if they are right, but I know it's also better for the engine than the 95 so I don't mind paying the extra.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
95 = £1.01 per litre at my local Esso garage. That's $2.08 USD a LITRE. That's $7.87 a gallon

98 = £1.05 a litre. That's $2.17 a litre, or $8.21 a gallon

Most of this is tax because we have a communist government. I'm sticking with 95! :mad: