Price for new 08 FZ6?

J

Japbiker

I've done a lot of research and have decided that the FZ6 is the bike for me. It's got everything that I want in a bike! I'm going to get a brand new 08 model. I live in the Kansas City area (USA). Is it possible to get this bike for less than the MSRP $6,999. I have 6 Yamaha dealers within 35 miles of my house. If I shop around, what do you think I could get this bike for?

No trade in.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Never bought anything like this out of ebay, but I remember seeing very good prices for the 06 model last year. Maybe you can find something nice in there.

EDIT: good prices = around $5500

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, if you can get the bike OTD for MSRP, you're doing good. It looks like the black is going to be a popular color, and dealers may hold out for better profits. With 6 dealers to choose from, you may be able to get one to outdue the others.

J

Japbiker

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking about the Cobalt Blue one, which isn't wanted as much as the Raven (Black), so maybe that will help with negotiating.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Paint it.

I really want the black, but it's looking like I can get a blue or red for cheaper and then pull off the body panels and have them repainted black. i may even save money going this route. I'm going to look into it.

Fred

EDIT: A local body shop that I'd worked with before told me it would cost about $500 to repaint, assuming I brought in the body parts myself and all they had to do was the painting.

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, it's probably too early for the 2008 season to do well on the pricing of the bike other than MSRP. Having said that, I'm sure dealers can throw in other perks to get your business like the free oil change and service check, etc. ;)

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
IMO, it's probably too early for the 2008 season to do well on the pricing of the bike other than MSRP.

I think you're right about that. My dealerships don't even have any 08's out of the crates yet. I think I'll do fine with an 07. But not an 06. I want all the 07+ updates on mine.

Fred

Reaction score
Visit site
I was recently looking hard for the cobalt 08 and it was impossible to find anywhere near me (Mississippi). I talked to a dealer in Ohio (Honda East Toledo) named Bob Gray. He said he could call Yamaha and have a blue one within 7-10 days and would sell it for 6400 even out the door. He also said there was another dealer near him who had a cobalt blue on the floor and he could get it from him but it would involve some extra fees. I am beginning to doubt that he could actually call Yamaha and get the bike that quick. I told a few dealers close to me about it and they called Yamaha to try and get one for me. They were told there was no way they could send one before January or February. I was tempted to go to Ohio and get the one there but I would have wound up paying way more than MSRP after adding the cost of the trip. So, I went with an 07 (Red) 90 miles away that I got for 6000 OTD.