Ridng pants your thoughts

S

sm00thpapa

Thinking about picking these up from Leatherup. $69.95 and can be worn over regular jeans. What you'll think?

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good price, looks like they'll do the job, do they zip to your jacket?

They look a little too Harley-ish for me though...

S

sm00thpapa

Don't know never checked my jacket for a zipper. I'm still shopping around though. Just thought the price was right on these.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mesh pants are great if your skin isnt particularly valuable to you. ive crashed in em last year. might as well have been wearing pyjamas.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
mesh pants are great if your skin isnt particularly valuable to you. ive crashed in em last year. might as well have been wearing pyjamas.

did they rip apart? could you elaborate some? what were you wearing under them? did they have any padding? i'm just curious because i've always heard of wearing mesh pants so i haven't thought about it. i haven't wrecked so i haven't had a chance to try any of my stuff out.

S

sm00thpapa

Yeah I heard mesh is garbage and rips as easy as regular jeans. I really don't care about being hot, I just want to be properly protected.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I heard mesh is garbage and rips as easy as regular jeans. I really don't care about being hot, I just want to be properly protected.

Then I would reccomend textile pants with vents, but I will warn you they get hot!!!!!! I can only wear then in temp 60 and below. In TX I can't wear them in summer at all !!!

bcbikernurse

Reaction score
Visit site
Then I would reccomend textile pants with vents, but I will warn you they get hot!!!!!! I can only wear then in temp 60 and below. In TX I can't wear them in summer at all !!!

What do you wear then??:eek: I can't imagine going on my bike with being properly geared up;)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
70 for leather pants?? Seems way to cheap for quality gear.

Kind of like using a $10 helmet to protect a $10 head.

Riding gear is not where you want to try to save $$

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

GoGreen09

Reaction score
Visit site
To my fellow FZ6R riders - I was (un)fortunate enough to be sent to Tucson for work this weekend. SO MANY riders with just helmets and nothing else. (almost broke my neck staring at a sexy female rider in a tank top and shorts) I can kinda see why, it's so DAMN HOT here. I give it up to you Smooth - ATPGATT! If I were you, I'd look at these since they could be real comfortable for your area:

air mesh kevlar pant

I have the Dainese Drakes just because the Northern Cali weather can be cold and hot. I almost bought other pants like Icon, Scorpions, etc, but I went with the Dainese so it can zip to my jacket too. Of course, it not only looks good, but it's comfortable too.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did they rip apart? could you elaborate some? what were you wearing under them? did they have any padding? i'm just curious because i've always heard of wearing mesh pants so i haven't thought about it. i haven't wrecked so i haven't had a chance to try any of my stuff out.

i was wearing icon field armour knee pads underneath and they saved my knee from any injury. that crash was last year on some gravel mid corner.

the knee pads in the pants conveniently slid over to the side when i crashed so it didnt cushion anything. the underarmour knee-shin stayed in place cuz it is HELD there firmly. Ive told everyone a million times....armour in jackets and pants are useless. get underarmour. it protects better and it doesnt move around at all.

the pants just tore in a heartbeat. it was like paper. the forces generated by a moto-accident are enough to just rip up the pants BEFORE you even START sliding. sure in a slide they might hold up better than jeans (MAYBE) but odds are they will have ripped up on hitting the ground like mine did.

lucky for me i wasnt sliding in that crash....I was bouncing and rolling along like a sack of potatoes haha.....

seriously, leather or TRUE kevlar is the only way to be sure your gear will hold up. otherwise you are always risking things a little if not a lot

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and i dont mean to be rude but seriously....how hot is it that you cant stand to sweat a little?

once you start moving the sweat that builds up will cool you down as the air flows over it. the vents do work in jackets and pants.

just stay hydrated and the heat wont bother you at all. drink a lot of water.