Rider down today

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride on some twisty roads today, after having nice 20 mile sprint thru the curves I decided to motor back to the interstate via a creekside scenic route, came up to a section where the road splits into a Y, I took the left apex @ 40mph, about halfway thru the apex I hit some pea sized tarmac crumbles, causing rear end to slide,I gently tapped the brakes, but it sent the bike into a two wheeled slide, right into the grass in the middle of the Y intersection(grass does'nt slow you down either), I rode thru the grass but I hit a tire rut perpendicular to the bike thus throwing me off, the bike lowsided
on it's left side and I landed about three feet in front of the bike, broke the left clip-on and blinker switch, rubbed the paint off the strator cover, the clip-on got trapped under the tank thus creating a seven inch dent, about two inches deep:(, and the tail frame tweaked a few degrees. I'm glad I always wear a helmet, an amoured jacket & gloves, I rember going off the road, then a few seconds later hearing the helmet crack on impact. my left shoulder hurts too much to move my arm, and my right wrist hurts like a bee -yochh, plus it's a little swolen, it's a PITA trying to type on a key board.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you need to get that wrist and shoulder looked at. I'm glad you are not hurt worse. Take care.

neshi

Reaction score
www.eztechnow.com
Sorry that happened bro,

I don't know about you but I like to look at the good in life.

The last time I took a fall I was steering directly at a SUV's tires about 6" from my face.:eek:

And the only thing I can think of after 5 min of trying to control my bowls and sweating up a storm is well I'm alive and I learned not to pull your front breaks in a turn!:spank:

neshi

Reaction score
www.eztechnow.com
It all good!

You learned something and was able to walk away with the knowledge.

It may be a while before you are 100% but you will be back in the saddle soon!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 4dr, it sucks to hear about your off man. Like others have said, please get checked out, and heal up quick so you can get back to riding.

Take care mate

Travis

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry man...that sucks big time. Hey I agree with others, you should go get you shoulder and arm looked at though.

Interesting the amount of damage...from a slide into the grass? I wonder if it would have been as bad had you stayed on the pavement...(not that you had any choice in the matter).

Hey good luck getting the bike squared away....will your insurance total it?

bcbikernurse

Reaction score
Visit site
You seriously need to have your shoulder and wrist looked at. At the very least you just sprained it and it needs icing....

Glad you're okay otherwise. Keep us posted as to how your arm is!!!:thumbup:

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
Look in the mirror, and if it looks like your left sholder is sitting lower than the other one does you either dislocated it, or seperated which is basically tearing the tendon that holds your shoulder blade, and coller bone together. I seperated mine. It's pretty common, and theres not a lot my doctor did when I did it. It heals itself. Mine took about 5 weeks to get my full range of motion back and i'm still waiting to be able to sleep on it i'm guessing another month, maybe two.

Whatever you do don't try to put it back in place because OMFG that hurts. I'm speaking from experience here because I thought mine was just dislocated so I had my wife try about 15 times to put it back in place. Worst pain i've ever fealt. :eek:

Last edited:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your crash. Like others have said, get to a doctor, especially since you said your helmet cracked. I hope you heal quickly.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully you've been to get some xrays by now! Glad you are still with us to ride another day, the bike can be fixed/replaced and you undoubtedly learned a lot from the crash.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man sorry to hear about the crash!! I hope you get to the doctor soon you dont want your shoulder to heal up crooked....

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the crash. I'm really glad you are not injured worse, but please get yourself checked out, even just if it's a precautionary examine. Who knows, maybe you will get the hot nurse! :thumbup:

Heal up quick and get the bike fixed up so you can get back out there.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about the off! Hope you heal up fast. Post some pics when you're up to it so we can survey the damage. Keep an eye on craigslist and ebay for parts.

Take care!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
bummer! I hope you're okay after the doctor visit.

I'll play devil's advocate - were you going too fast for that corner? Being a Y-shape doesn't mean it wasn't a sharp turn that should have been taken slower...sorry to be the devil :(