• yes wouldn't ride without one!

Votes: 57 56.4%

• Total voters

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would wear one all the time, but quite honestly i don;t own one yet and it would be bulky for work commutes but for group rides i would love to have one.

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A Dainese in my Dainese jacket and a Dainese back protector that i wear under my regular leather jacket. Built into my Dainese one piece (for when i'm on the R1)

back protectors, who wears them and which do you choose?

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
A lighter CE level 1 that is built in to the jacket and an Alpinestars bionic for the track. Very comfortable, really do not even know it is there after 5 minutes.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually there are a number of jackets out there with only a foam insert (this keeps the jackets shape on the peg). Its very important to ensure that the piece of kit you have is really a back protector and clearly CE marked.

Nelly

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
knox back protector is crazy thick. love it. ive crashed in it 3 times now. :)

KNX00056a.jpg

W

wrightme43

Fieldsheer leathers come with a built in ce spec back protector. I do want that knox one with the chest protector pretty bad though. LOL

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UFO brand for me.....now that i have crashed with one on....am thinking it's not such a bad idea to wear one when on the road, as well as the track....those foam rubber inserts that are in most jackets are just that...a piece of foam rubber, am guessing that when it came down to it, they would help very little.

View attachment 19123

:thumbup:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Always wear one, I have a hard dainese insert in my backpocket and a hard neckprotector standard in my dainese vest.

But i'm looking to get a vest, with a full length backprotector as well as chest protection. But the dainese one is 250 euro's ... need to save some money first :cheer:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
knox back protector is crazy thick. love it. ive crashed in it 3 times now. :)

KNX00056a.jpg

You really should try to cut down on the crashes!

I'm glad you armor up!

I just go with the padding in the jacket for now, I think I would like to get better back armor but want to find one that will fit in the jacket and not be a separate piece.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I had a foam one that came in my jacket, but the sales person did a good job of up-selling me a hard, CE back protector that fit in the pocket in the back. I have a hardcore one for my enduro racing and it has saved me a couple of times.

S

sm00thpapa

I got padding in my jacket but these look like they have a lot better protection. I might have to pick one up.

Mark85

Hairy Faced Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a set of Hein Gericke panther II leathers, they've got a foam rubber back protector in there already. When I'm wearing my old textile stuff, I've got one of those rank looking mesh zip ups with loads of CE armour pads on. It was advertised as being for offroad, and motoX, but I don't really care that it's meant for that. It had shoulder, elbow, chest and back protectors on there, and I can wear it under anything I like.

cheers
Mark